𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚕'𝚜 𝙰𝚍𝚟𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚎

Y/N's POV

As you walk away from Jake, he follows in pursuit and you feel flushed from his sudden actions. You can hear his footsteps fast behind you as you see some of the students looking at you. You couldn't help but turn around and smile at him, you instantly eyed him and he picked it up.

"You're gonna sit with me at lunch?" You flirted and he tilted his head a little, "Well, lunch break will be in thirty minutes. I figured maybe you and I can get together a little, and get to know each other." You added as you walked little by little, Jake combed his hair back and looked at you wildly.

"Well, if that's what you want—"

He immediately stops as he sees someone behind you, you have a gut feeling and know that it was his ex-girlfriend. You grabbed his wrist and walked away from her, you let go as soon as you didn't feel her stare at your back. Jake stares at you with confusion, as if looking for answers to what you just did by now.

"What the hell, Jake? You really couldn't help yourself once she's around, if you really want her back in your life you better act right."

You demanded before you walked away, and he didn't say anything. As you step out of the Gymnasium's hallway, you see her looking at you. You approached Jake's ex-girlfriend and she looked down, you observed her for a good amount of time before she spoke up.

"Please take care of Jake, he's fragile. It may not seem like it, but he gets easily hurt by a lot of things."

She pointed out before walking away, you expected her to slap you but she didn't. Why is she giving up just like that? You were about to say something when the school bell rang, indicating that it was lunch break. Lia sees you standing very still on the field and she snaps her fingers at you.

"Earth to Y/N, you've been standing there for more than a minute. What happened?" Lia inquired and you looked at her, "You seem to be out of focus today, did Jake do something to you?" She added, and you shook your head.

"No, it's just that. His ex doesn't seem to be jealous or anything, she seems sad... yet happy. You understand me, right?" You asked her, Lia thinks about it for a minute before replying.

"Well, that's weird. It feels like she wants Jake out of her life, but it's so sudden."

The both of you walk to the cafeteria secretly talking about Jake's ex and him. Once you take a seat, he sits in front of you again with a smile. Some of the students are swooning at us, and some are whispering their rumors to each other. You smiled gently at him before speaking up.

"Look who decided to join us," you flattered as you see his plate filled with chicken, pizza, fries, and a side of diet soda. You eyed him, "You have a drill later on, why are you stuffing yourself with that?" You coaxed Jake, and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, I need to eat to have stamina." He pointed as you chuckled at his remark, "Why are you chuckling?" He asked, you dismissed him by waving your hand at him.

"Oh, nothing. Just wanted to see you play after class, when's that?"

You questioned Jake, and he seemed confused as to why you knew that. You discreetly raise your eyebrow at him and he gets annoyed by how you always remind him of his act. Lia felt it and she was about to interrupt when both leaders of the sorority and fraternity group showed up beside you.

"Well, the new power couple is here with us having fun with their moments," The fraternity leader averred, "When the news reached us, we found it intriguing so we decided to come here."