Limited Days! Echo Shining!

This was the year, Yuna reminded herself. The gate from Jewina Fields to Earth only opens once every ten years. Ten years ago, the Shadow Kingdom used the portal to enter Jewina Fields and attack. The Queen of Jewina Fields, Hina, or Cure Emerald, escaped with her only daughter using that portal.

Now it was open again. That's how Yuna was found by the fairy Kirai, who escaped the fairy massacre in Jewina Fields and went in search of Cure Emerald.

It was luck, or perhaps destiny, that Kirai managed to find new Precure along the way. Yuna was first, who transformed into Cure Crystal. Then they found Rumi, who could transform into Cure Sapphire. Then Akari, Cure Topaz. And finally, Kokona, the Princess of Jewina Fields took over her mother's role as Cure Emerald.

"It's blocked," Hina, formerly known as Cure Emerald, was telling them. "I can't get into Jewina Fields."

"I thought the portal would've been closed by now ~kira," Kirai said.

"It should be," Hina explained. "But it's still open, just blocked to me. I assume that's Queen Shade's doing."

"Do you think it's possible for us to get through?" Rumi asked.

Hina shrugged. "I would love for you girls to try it, but it could be dangerous."

"Try us." Akari grinned.

"We must, for the sake of the plot!" Yuna exclaimed.

Kokona giggled.

Yuna didn't have as much enthusiasm as she wanted. If they found a way to close the gate, would that protect Jewina Fields? That would be good news all around, but if it had to be closed, Kokona and Kirai would have to go back.

"Not now, it's too risky," Hina advised. "You three should be heading back home now."

Yuna, Rumi, and Akari all said their farewells and began leaving.

As Rumi sat on the bus on her way home, she watched the rain drip down the windows. It was pleasing how slowly they fell down the glass even as the rain poured down. Those raindrops had all the time in the world.

Rumi had just realised she didn't.

Without Kokona, there would only be three Precure. And without Hina and Kirai, there wouldn't be any Precure at all.

Rumi owed everything to them, yet she couldn't give them a single thing. They were running on a timer.

Would they beat the Shadow Kingdom before the portal closed?

Akari rubbed her hands on a towel. She had considered bringing the food she made to her friends, but maybe that wasn't the best way to spend what could be their last few days together.

It was in everyone's eyes during the meeting. Akari could read people well enough to know everyone was thinking the same thing.

They didn't have forever.

Akari instantly knew she had to make the next few days count. They had to live every day like it was their last together. Because there was no telling if it would be or not.

Kokona twirled the Emerald, which she had turned into a necklace for simplicity around her finger.

Jewina Fields was home. It was her kingdom. All she had wanted for years was to go back there, yet why did she hesitate so much?

Her friends were part of it. They had become much more dear to her than she wanted. But there was something else.