Chapter 4

It has been almost a whole cycle of moons since we moved away. Do I think Eliquitor is trying to search for me? Oh yes. I really feel like they are. Timothee is leaving tomorrow. There is a grand market every month just a few hills from here. He will be leaving for three days. I think that gives me plenty of time to sew a new vest for him. I think this smiling huge. The market has almost everything. Food, wool, silk, cups and pans. It is wonderful, I am told.

Today is the day Timothee shall be leaving. I have gotten food, clothes, and blankets ready for him in a basket to last him three days. Everything is already loaded onto the wagon. I bid him a goodbye with a gentle peck and a huge smile on my face. We tell each other that we love one another and if anything ever happens, we shall find each other no matter what. I go back in the house and open the window. After a few minutes, I lost sight of him in the hills. I closed the window since it was getting a bit cold and put on a nice warm fire. Now, what shall I do? I decide to clean up a bit and begin sewing him a warmer and thicker vest for the winter coming. After quite a while, I see the sun about to set, so I wrap up my last stitch and place it in the closet. I grab my shawl, and go out back to get a few vegetables for dinner. While grabbing a cabbage, I heard a siren which lasted about 5 seconds. Was I a bit concerned? A little, yes. I ignore it, and go back in. I place the vegetables on the table and think Now what type of soup shall I create today?. After a long simmering, I sit beside the fire with my shawl while delicately sipping on my soup. It feels quiet without Timothee. But it still feels amazing. I decided to write a letter to Marianne. So, I quickly took a piece of parchment and wrote

"Dearest Marianne"

After these two words, I thought about all the conflict that may occur in Eliquitor if I did do such a thing. Instead, I crumble the parchment and throw it into the fire. Oh dear, how much I miss them!

Later, as I lay my head on my pillow, I think about my childhood. We all sisters were very close to each other. Look, I know it is not very nice to play favourites, but honestly Marianne was my favourite. I guess we just clicked easily. Even though we were the complete opposites, we spent the most time with each other. Vivienne and Mariella were always found together either writing up new stories of kings, queens, jesters and so much more than the feeble mind can imagine! Jeanne was unusual. She was never found with anyone. Maybe she'd talk to a person sometimes but she would never actually spend time with them. I don't know what and how but there were days I would only see her at dinner, other than that she would disappear. I have no clue what motives father had when he chose her as the future ruler. My childhood was one of a kind, because it was spent with so much love and fun. I keep thinking about everything until I nod off to sleep.

I woke up the next morning and it was chilly once more. How frustrating, I think to myself. While I was cooking breakfast, I heard the loud siren again. But this time, I heard horses too. I looked outside, and saw my worst nightmare. Eliquitor's knights. Quickly, I poured over the fire to make it look like no one was home, and hid inside the closet. There was loud knocking for a little while but then they broke the door down and started to search everywhere and they found me. I was scared. The knights seemed to still have respect for me. They bowed down and said "Your majesty, the king has been searching for you for a really long time. He will be very pleased to know you are alive. Please, you must come with us."

Speechless, I cannot think of anything to speak except "All right, but please let me write a letter to Timothee first."

I grab a piece of parchment and begin writing

"Dearest Timothee,

So something unique happened while you were at the market. I was visited by Eliquitor's knight's and must I say, I need to return. I understand this may be a shock but I haven't gotten a choice. One thing, I must say is that please do not come finding me because if you do, then you will be in grave danger. Tha gaol agam ort and when the time is right, I will return home. But for now, I must leave and I hope you understand.

Your beloved,

Princess Roseanne Annette of Eliquitor"

After placing the parchment on the table alongside the vest and a blue rose, I pack my belongings and ride back to Eliquitor.

It had been a long time since I saw the castle. It hadn't changed at all. I roamed the halls only to be greeted by mother hugging me "Oh Roseanne! Dear! How much we've missed you!"

"I've missed you too, mother." I reply happily

"Sister!!" All my other sisters join in

"Hello all!" I say grinning huge and hugging all of them

I look at our portrait of our family together. And then I look at each of our own separate portraits. Even mine was there. It was untouched. Marianne's portrait, however, was gone. Come to think of it, she wasn't even here while I was being greeted by my other sisters. "Mother, where is Marianne?" I ask. I see nothing but horror on their faces as soon as I ask this question.

"Dear child, do not speak of that name ever again" Mother says

"I apologise. I don't understand. What is happening? Where has she gone?" I asked

"Rosy, come with me to the parlor. I shall explain everything there." Mariella gestures to me to follow her.

After I arrive there, I sit down near the fireplace next to her and she begins her story. "It is a rather sad story, Roseanne. Are you sure you would like to know?" I nod.

"All right, here we go." Mariella sighs.