Chapter 3.

The boy made his way down the maze, in what direction he didn't know. A feeling of foreboding enveloped him, but he shook it off. His aim was to keep moving, keep escaping. He was running. Running for his life. All he wanted to do was live. And to do that, he needed to get out of the puppet master's choking grasp.

Chapter 3.

The day was uneventful for Brett. Well, if you don't count freaking out over a strange, stalker like email. All day, he carried Dave in his pocket. A small part deep inside his brain told him the little yellow rubber duck would save him. The rational part of him (69% of his existence) told him Dave was useless in any situation except for calming his nerves. He still took his little plastic friend.

Walking down the street to Costa, he had the impression he was being watched. Unwanted shivers made their way down his spine, aggravating him even more. He laughed it off, trying to ignore the dawning situation. He stuck his hand in his pocket and stroked his little duck friend, finding comfort in the simple gesture.

He finally reached the coffee shop. Brett pushed open the door and made his way towards the counter, quickly ordering a hot chocolate, paying for it, and sitting down at one of the small tables. He whipped his iPhone out, immediately checking his Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and Youtube. He was basically addicted to these social sites, which made contact with his fans so much easier. He could also check up on his favourite celebrities and Youtubers. He chuckled quietly at Charlie McDonnell's tweet before moving on further down his news feed. He took a sip of his hot drink, looking out through the window.

Just a normal day for England. No sun, slight breeze, and a whole lot of rain. He cursed himself for not wearing a coat, or at least bringing an umbrella. He never learns, does he? He already dreaded walking out from the comforts of the warm, dry cafe into the horrible outside. Oh well, to adventure and beyond, right? Or was it to space..? Universe? Fuck it. YOLO.

He started softly singing the theme song to one of his favourite shows.

"Adventure time, c'mon grab your friends. We go to very distant lands. With Jake the dog, and Finn the human, the fun never ends. It's Adventure Timeeeee!" He ended on a very high pitched note, trying to act all cool like, but instead sounding like a strangled cat screeching. Some people turned around and gave him a funny look, but he looked around as well, pretending that it wasn't him.

He glanced down at his watch to realise he was nearly late for his train. Oops. He sprinted out of the shop and made his way through the pouring rain to the station.

----------------------------

Meanwhile, Dan shuffled around in his chair, trying not to doze off during the history lesson he was in. He constantly glared at the clock, willing it to go faster. No such luck. He didn't like being away from Phil, especially at a time like this, but their lives had to go on.

He tapped his pencil against the desk nervously, each tap letting out a loud echo around the room. This caused a girl to elbow him in the ribs and tell him to, putting it as nicely as possible, shut the fuck up.

Daniel grumbled under his breath and rubbed his chest, going back to glaring at the stupid white clock that just would not go any faster. If looks could kill, that clock would be long gone.

That morning, he and Phil got an email. It was from a blocked sender, and went along the lines of: I'm going to get you, blah blah blah, I'm always watching you.

It seriously creeped them both out.

The bell finally rang, and Phil rushed out of English. He took a deep breath as he got a feeling he was being followed. How is that possible? Hundreds of people were here, loads of them will be going the same way. Yet there he was sure one person intended on stalking him, who it was, he had no idea.