SIX

—ACT I—

SIX
'Your the problem'

I loved your mouth,
Even as your words broke my heart.
—K.R

"WHORE!"

Shouts of insults and slurs were thrown at the girl walking down the hallway, her head hung low taking in the insults.

The minute she reached her blue painted locker multiple words were written across it.

'Whore!' Was written four times.
'Slut!' ten times,
'Bitch' eleven.
'Abused' there more than once,
'Fatherless' was there too.

Frustrated tears streamed out of her eyes, only two people knew that information.

Ryder's locker looked like everyone took turns on writing on her locker with paint, passing the paint brush around like a joint.

She scanned the room, her eyes landed on Billy who had the paintbrush the tip of it was drowning in red paint.

"IT WAS YOU." She yelled storming towards the blonde male. A smirk evident on his face along with his friends snickering behind him.

"YOU TOLD EVERYONE!" Ryder yelled frustratedly, "So? It's not like it matters." Billy said with a shrug, "YOUR THE PROBLEM!" She shouted.

His mind flickered back to his father, the past couple of days were horrible his father yelling that he wasn't what he wanted of a son. How much of a disappointment he was.

"I can't believe I fucking trusted you," she told him turning away from him for a second before turning around quickly and punching him square in the jaw.

"You deserve every fucking thing. Coming your way asshole." Ryder told billy punching him again this time in the middle of his torso where his pressure point is. As he folded over in pain Ryder pulled at his hair.

"What do women see in you? Dick head." She said getting a kick out of this.

Ryder was in the hallway beating up 'King Billy' no one interfered, no one even dared to yell or say anything not even a teacher said a word.

Until the all mighty Steve Harrington showed up.

"STEVE! LET ME KICK HIM AGAIN!" Ryder yelled flailing her arms and legs towards the bleeding male on the ground. "Alright, we're out of here." Steve admitted bringing the girl out to her red Camaro.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! I was get—" "The only thing you were doing was beating him. What the fuck were you even thinking anyway?" Steve asked confused he never had the time to look at her locker covered in the bright red paint.

"He told everyone.. about My dad, and Brody. He even said that I FUCKING HAD SEX WITH HIM. ONLY BECAUSE I NEEDED A PLACE TO STAY." She cried.

Ryder yelled her problems out like it was just Ryder and Steve. Only Ryder  and Steve on earth.

Ryder had to admit. She hadn't a clue why Nancy said Steve was Bullshit. He really was far from it, Steve was the only real friend she's had in quite a while.

"I shouldn't have ever even talked to that dick!" Ryder cried as Steve hugged the girl in a comforting manner. Her tears fell onto Steve's black t-shirt soaking it with the salty eye substance.

"Everyone listens to the king though. And I'm another fucking stupid ass pawn in his game of chess. I'm slashing his tires." Ryder annnouced, lifting her head off of Steve and wiping her tears.

"Wait what?" Steve asked as she kept an emotionless face as she flicked her butterfly knife open and walked over to the blue Camaro with California plates.

The black tires looked brand new and smelt like brand new. Even better.

"I don't think you should do that." Steve said as she already had decided on what she would do.

The sharp silver butterfly knife blade pierced through the black rubber, then with a quick motion the tire had a large gaping hole in the side.

"Are you done?" Steve asked as she nodded wiping her nose on her sweater sleeve then her eyes.

"Let's get the fuck out of here." Ryder said pulling her keys out of her pocket with a smile, flicking the silver blade back into the safety cover.

Her car sped out of the driveway and immediately went to the arcade parking it in the back.

"This is where you hide from fucking Hargrove??" Steve asked frustration and confusion in his voice.

"Yes, obviously. I'm gonna go to a party and claim keg king because that title is bullshit." Ryder confessed as Steve laughed, "You can't beat 47." He said with a smirk on his face.

"That's sexist." Ryder said her expression changed leaning back in her seat. "THAT IS NO— How is that sexist?" "You don't think a woman could beat 47 seconds for sucking out beer of a keg. Honey I've sucked a dick for longer than that."

Steve knew Ryder was sarcastic, because she was always super careful with what she joked with, and she was normally the any-joke type of person.

Unlike Steve or Billy, literally any girl at Hawkins high. Ryder doesn't like one night stands and leaving. It's not her thing. That's why she said no to Billy.

Ryder looked over at Steve and Steve looked back at her. "Did you do your hair differently today? It looks different." Ryder said as Steve smiled, "It's the same as it looked yesterday. And the uh— day before." He told her with a confused smile on why she brought that up.

"Shit that's Billy's car." Ryder said watching a tow truck tow it to the shop next to the small arcade.

Max was walking into the arcade while Billy walked the other direction  angered, frustrated and a whole bunch of different emotions.

Ryder smiled, he gets what he deserves.

Billy's the problem

Your the problem

—960 words—

Friends don't lie 🫵😠