Chp1 - Falling For Him

"Ouch!!", I cried as I slipped my foot on the pavement. It almost saved my leg from a painful sprain.

Suddenly I felt two arms gripping me to stop me from stumbling. I looked up to meet his gaze and there he was the most-talked-about-guy in our college, Ron Walter.

He was tall and tan-skinned. He had the most breathtaking hazel eyes.

I felt something trigger my heart. We both sensed the discomfort and we straightened up to introduce ourselves.

Just then his friend, Mathew grabbed his arm and took him aside for the Student Council Meeting.

He turned back to see me before leaving. I was delighted that he noticed me but I was regretting that I couldn't introduce myself.

Ron had joined our college a few months back and was the son of the city's most famous personnel, Paragliding Chief Flying Instructor, Mr. Eric Walter.

Ron was the country's youngest powered paraglider pilot. He was amiable but also introverted. He was the guy every girl wished to date but he never took interest in any of them.

All the girls took that as an insult to themselves. But the way he looked at Veronica today, was both strange and exciting for her.

~✦❉✦~

At night, Veronica couldn't sleep peacefully thinking about the incident that took place in the morning.

She was tossing herself from one corner to the other corner of the bed, thinking about Ron. She was feeling so miserable.

"He has so many girls after him", she tried to explain herself,
"Why would he even care about me? He doesn't even know my name."

After a long argument with herself she finally chose to sleep.

~✦❉✦~

The next morning, Veronica woke up as the sun rays coming through the slit of the window curtains hit against her eyes.

She was annoyed at the light due to her lack of sleep. She began burying her head further into the pillows. Then she realised that she was late for college.

She started hurrying because she didn't want to miss another encounter with him.

As she entered the classroom, to her amazement everyone was excited for some unknown reason. Obviously she was late so she had no clue what the fuss was about.

Veronica took hold of her bestfriend, Renee to ask her more about it.

Just then one of the coordinators made an announcement. "Guys, as you already know that the Student Council Meeting was held yesterday. We have finalized that we will be heading towards the Miami beach, for our vacation trip."

The whole class responded in a huge roar. There was a special kind of excitement in the air.

Veronica's eyes flew open when she heard the news. They all were looking forward for the trip.

While she was leaving from college she was feeling disappointed that she couldn't meet Ron again and that she failed another chance to introduce herself.

Just then she saw his shiny grey Volvo pass by. He couldn't notice her walking in the crowd.

But his hazel eyes were glittering even through the wind shield of his car. She said to herself, "Oh boy! He was totally making me crazy."
"Now I understood why all the girls were so crazy after him."

One of those girls was the blue-eyed Miranda, she had blonde curls, was quite tall, thin and fair. Unlike her, Veronica was short and she had a caramelised skin tone, with brunette hair and deep dark eyes.