Chp2 - Black Light Party

Veronica stood on the shore waiting for the dawn. She wondered how the sun had once again managed to rise over the horizon and illuminate the sea with its magnificent rays.

"Isn't it beautiful, Veronica?", he said. She couldn't fathom why her name sounded so sweet in his velvet voice.

She nodded,"It truly is, Ron".

He gasped in some air as he had just come from his morning jog. She saw that his cheeks were reflecting the colours radiated by the sun.

Veronica could see him perspire and then he wiped the sweat from his brow with the sleeve of his blue T-shirt. The sweat trickled down his neck and got soaked into his shirt. She preferred looking at him instead of the sun.

He extended his hand to her with a coy smile on his lips. "Hold my hand and I won't let you fall." A cold chill crept up her spine, raising the hair on the back of her neck. He was unaware but Veronica had already fallen for him.

Soon they stepped their feet into the shallow water. When the water and sand beneath their feet teased their toes, they squealed like little children. He caught her wrist firmly and pulled her along with himself as he ran deeper into the waters, creating little splashes of water.

With each other's company, they didn't realise how the time had passed by. Veronica couldn't believe if it was real or just a daydream. She was amazed by the way he treated her so differently than the others.

"I didn't expect you to be here so early in the morning. Don't they say that beauties sleep a little longer?", he asked her gazing into her beautiful dark eyes.

Tucking a wayward strand of her brunette hair back into her bun, she replied, "Uh-hu....usually I don't get up so early but only a lazy lass would miss such a beautiful sunrise on the Miami beach", with a pause "and also your company", she added with a chuckle.

"And I'm not a lazy lass either, to miss his company", Miranda said as she came walking from behind them. She gave Ron a morning hug with a kiss on his left cheek.

She looked at Veronica with a frown and reluctantly hugged her. She then placed her hand at the back of Ron's neck and started brushing her fingers through his hair. She was standing so close to him that her breasts were touching his arms.

Miranda urged him to have breakfast with her.

"Veronica...why don't you join us?", he asked politely.

Veronica really wanted to join him but Miranda's open animosity towards her was clearly seen in her eyes.

"Renee was asleep while I left the tent. She must be looking for me. I must leave now", she answered him and chewed on her lip.

"Veronica....." He said and Miranda completed the sentence for him by saying, "so we'll see you later".

While they left Veronica noticed that Miranda glanced behind and winked at her. Her expression showed that she had been victorious in taking him away.

~✦❉✦~

While having her breakfast with Renee, Veronica thought to herself, "I don't know him alot. Why does it feel that we've known each other since a very long time?"

Veronica was distracted because of her own thoughts and by mistake she spilled the glass of water on her skirt.

"Veronica, are you still dreaming about the Flying Prince?", Renee ridiculed her as she pointed towards the wet patch on her skirt.

"Yes", she replied as she shook her head in embarrassment.

"Ron is a good guy. He is very different with you. Especially the way he looks at you", Renee said supportively as she placed her palm on her hand.