Chapter 2: The Forever Walk

Date: 14th Kreith 22228KU

A small weary group of travellers were forced into the snowy cold tundras and forests of Carlot. The largest country in Paragian. Rather then wondering aimlessly in the forests of Tallgrast they instead followed the road which led into Carlot. But perhaps it was a mistake due to temperatures being far lower for any living being to survive in and even lower at night.

Right now the group struggled to even follow the large road they had followed since Mumbrell. Snow had covered the black road making it difficult to spot where it ends and the landscape begins. It also didn't help due to Mumbrell being very isolated. With it being located hundreds of miles from the nearest city. Or course their were small outposts and villages but they had no defences and were also very close to Mumbrell where those monsters would easily be able to take over and plunder.

Tallah was among the small group of survivors. They weren't all the survivors as others had decided to run away by themselves in different directions. Wether they were successful was a different story. Tallah felt it get harder and harder as they walked into the snow plains to lift his foot due to the snow getting deeper and deeper making the road fade away. They no longer had any need to fear those monsters who just destroyed their home and killed thousands of people. Rather they had to fear the elements.

Tallah was no alone in this group as all three of his sisters were there too. Russana kept an eye on the animals, all four of the Tallgrast jackels. It hadn't been any easier on them despite them being more suited to this life then any of the sentients. Lyrino held a weeping Angelina under her arm and under her jacket. The girl didn't even had a chance to celebrate her birthday but Tallah wasn't sure the reason she was crying. He presumed something must have happened at Mumbrell. Maybe she saw a friend die as she hasn't stopped crying since they escaped with their lives. Hina was also there and stood walking right beside Tallah, he held a tight grip around her hand as he may never get the chance again.

But they were not alone. A few others had joined their family. One was a Kurjon called Vaariionnn who they were all very thankful for running into. He was a chef far better then Tallah. He had managed to pack many bags full of food during their escape and cook all the food at fires with a little help from Tallah when they settled for the night. Unfortunately food was now beginning to run low.

There was also an older couple of Weck's in their late sixties with the group too. The man was called Ararron and his wife was Isana. Unlike humans, when Weck aged their bodies still stayed in pretty good shape. They didn't look as old as they aged and also were able to physically do more as they aged. Weck looked pretty similar to humans having similar noses, eyes and mouths but rather had skin colour which was reds, blues or greens. Their hair and eyes had a similar story as it often came in dull blues, reds, oranges, purples, yellows and greens. They were also taller then humans by a decent margin.

Finally was the cowardly guard who instead of laying down his life alongside his brothers, ran like a coward while others died for him. He was a human and was still wearing his silver armour although was missing his weapons. He was an inch shorter then Tallah, standing at five foot eight. He had black slicked back hair and red eyes. His skin colour was pale even more pale then the skin of a Kurjon.

The group pushed through as they felt the winds pick up and the extreme cold take a hold of them all. Vaariionn led from the front while the Weck couple as well as Tallah and Hina were in the middle. His three sisters and the cowardly guard were at the back.

After a few more minutes of walking the winds truly picked up and the sky dissapeared without a trace and in its place came a thick white gust of freezing cold. They were practically blind in this situation. Deaf as well. The winds basically blasted the same tune of powerful frost into their ears. If they carried on like this they would freeze. The only one left would be the guard due to him wearing armour to keep him protected from the natural environment.