TWO

TWO | I Commit Serious Animal Abuse by Stabbing a Wild Bull 

When you think of the weather you imagine it different everywhere. Up north cold and dry but when the heat comes it kills. Then in the south, it was vice versa. The weather was forever an unpredictable force that was just caused. Rain could be light one moment the next the sky could be having a mental breakdown. The shining sun represented happiness and pure joy. Anger was shown through the screams of agony that humans called thunder, tornados that caused destruction like a broken heart, and hurricanes which seemed to show off the anger and sadness at once. The memories and feelings were of more than a billion years' worth of emotions all emptied throughout destruction or a saving grace on humanity.

As Jessiny pushed her way through the crowded streets of New York she thought about all this. Her heart was rarely on display for anyone of anything, including herself. It brought her security as an orphan but at times now when the world became too much to bare it all fell like rain. Though the storm was silent to the world it was like a category hurricane. The image of a Fury within the guarded walls of a school caused Jessiny to fear for a child—she seemed to have some custody over.

When Jessiny made it to her apartment building she slowly slid off her hood and checked her surroundings. She always had an idea when she had a shadow on her, but one could never be too careful of what monsters lurk in the dark. Jessiny quickly made her way to the shared area.

Unlocking her door she stepped in to hear music playing for the kitchen. Jessiny shook her head softly as a small smile took over her face. "I'm home."

"In here," Aubrey called back.

Jessiny kicked her shoes off by the stairs and made a beeline for the kitchen. The smells of chili overwhelmed her nose much to her delight. She found her best friend at the stove dancing to the radio.

"Aubrey, you're the absolute best." Jessiny praised as she saw chili on the stove with cheese and a Fritos bag.

Aubrey laughed at the praise. "Figured we could use a good meal you'd find at a ball game."

"Couldn't agree more."

"So how was the field trip?" Aub asked. "Any unexpected demigod-related things happen?"

"You mean besides the fed act that Chiron is pretending to be a professor, I got kicked back a grade while still participating in my freshman year of university, and Grover is wearing fake feet?" Jessiny asked with a laugh.

"Well duh, Jess."

"Nothing much," Jessiny shrugged. "Except a Fury came from the underworld and tried to kill Percy except Percy killed it first. Now everyone's pretty much gaslighting him."