Chapter Nine

After months and months of our relationship growing and getting stronger, after all the wonderful dates and long romantic moments... I think it's time...

The lads agreed to help me put together a fancy dinner at a nice fancy restaurant just for us, for the first year anniversary of mine and Taryn's relationship. I was nervous but, very excited! I can't believe we've made it this far in our relationship and, I can't imagine my life without her. I pulled out the little red velvet box to make sure it was still in good shape. I took a deep breath, thinking about this big decision and wondering if she was ready herself. I stood outside the restaurant, constantly checking my watch and pacing. Liam and Niall were escorting Taryn here. They wanted to surprise me with the dress and jewlery they bought for her. I think it was very sweet of them to think of her like that. Louis and Zayn were inside getting tables for everyone who attended this event. Eleanor, Sophia and Perrie came along with their dates, Louis, Liam and Zayn. Niall didn't mind not bringing someone, even though it's sad... The poor babe... All of our parents and siblings decided to attend too, they were excited to hear the great news and wanted to witness it. By the time Taryn, Niall and Liam were about to be 15 minutes late, they finally arrived. Niall hopped out of the car and rushed over to me. "Sorry we're late! Well, Liam says Fashionably late." I laughed and shook my head, "It's fine."

Liam jumped out of the car too and went to the door behind the drivers seat to help Taryn out. Niall leaned over to me. "Liam picked out the dress, I picked out the jewlery and she did her hair and make up. She was a bit edgy about us touching her face and hair..." He whispered. I giggled, "Typical Taryn." Liam opened the car door, I could see Taryn's shiny, red heels as she stepped out and when she came around the door holding Liam's arm, I was completely blown away.

Taryn looked unaware of what was going on, but, she still had a smile on her face.

She was wearing a long trailing red dress, her hair was pulled over her left shoulder, curled into perfect swirls. her lips were tan with glossy lipgloss and brown eyeshadow, with black mascara to make her eyelashes long and thick.

Although I really don't like the make up, she looked beautfiul no matter what.

I smiled and held my arm out, offering to walk Taryn in. She gently grabbed my arm and walked by my side into the restaurant. She had no idea about everyone being here, she seemed a bit uncomfortable and she sat down very awkwardly. I sat in the seat next to her, making sure she was okay and hoping my plan was going to succeed. After a long silence between us, I knew something was going to happen. I couldn't wait any longer either, I was ready....

"Harry," Taryn said after the waitress took our plates.

"Yes, love?" I replied.

"Do you really, love me...." she asked in a slight whisper. She's been asking this very often, as if she's worried so much about it. I sighed and smiled, "Baby, you know I do. Why do you keep asking?" Taryn shrugged and played her with her bracelet. I took a deep breath and got up. I went over to Taryn's side, held out my hand and smiled. She gently placed her hand in my palm and allowed me to help her out of her chair. "Taryn," I said softly. "We've been together for a while now and," I put my hand in my pocket and got down on one knee. "I believe that you're the one...." Taryn's eyes filled with tears and she place both of her hands over her mouth. "Taryn Vallorosi...." I said and pulled the box out. "Will you marry me?" I asked as I opened the red velvet box. Taryn started to cry. I pulled the ring out of the box and slipped it on her left ring finger. Taryn still had her right hand over her mouth, staring at the ring in shock and then looked at me. Suddenly, although I requested a private dinner, paparazzi showed up. Taryn hates paparazzi and her picture being taken. They started taking pictures, asking questions and we got all the attention. Taryn started to freak out. I put my hands over the camera. "Stop, you're upsetting her!" I held Taryn close to me, trying to hide her from all the attention. She is very uncomfortable in crowded public places. Taryn shook her head, "No, Harry, no make them stop!" I started to panic, they're scaring her off, she doesn't really like all the attention. I was lucky she was used to it in the beginning.

Taryn took off running. "HARRY!" Niall called out. "HARRY, SHE'S RUNNING OFF!" I turned around and gasped.

"TARYN!" I called out and ran after her.

She tripped on her heels but, she quickly but struggling, pulled her heels off and got up. I kept chasing her until she stopped several blocks down. I grabbed her arms. "Taryn, it's okay! Come on, I'll take you home!" She shook her head, "No, Harry I can't do it! I'm sorry!"

I felt my heart shatter and all the little pieces sank into my stomach. "What are you talking about?" I asked her. She sobbed and shook her head. "I can't handle all the attention anymore, I just can't!" She pulled the ring off and handed it to me. I refused to take it from her. I shook my head. "I don't understand...." Taryn wiped her tears, took a deep breath and continued to hold the ring out,. "Take it, Harry! Just take it, I'm not worth your time, take it!" She opened my hand and dropped it in my palm. "I'm sorry, Harry..." Taryn said in a whisper. "I really am...." I started to cry, she's leaving... Why?

"Taryn, please don't do this...." I said softly. "Please, don't leave me..."

She sobbed harder, "I have too.... I can't carry on anymore..." I nodded, "Yes, yes you can!" Taryn shook her head and became impatient with me. "I have to go... Goodbye, Harry.... You, you know were to find me..." Taryn gave me one last kiss on the cheek before running off again... There I stood, not being able to say a word or move a muscle. By the time everyone caught up, it was too late for anyone to do anything. I just cried and cried... She's gone... What did I do wrong?