«Homesick?»

Zhongli shifted in his seat. He doesn't know why, but he felt anxious.

Hu Tao was watching the poor, old man. She contemplated on whether or not to annoy him, but didn't when she saw his eyebrows furrow and a fist clench. She went to tell Xiao fish jokes instead.

The archon took a sharp inhale. What made him feel like this?

He decided to return to his home. A place that blended with all the other buildings in Liyue, but the inside... was much, much vast, larger. A different dimension almost. It's a wonder how much space could fit in a building disguised as something so small. After all, Zhongli was a clever man, he didn't want to stand out too much. He wanted to "fit in" so to speak.

Once inside, the man himself felt less anxious. Homesickness? He found it odd. He definitely had no reason for it either, so why?

"Back so soon? I hadn't even gotten my uh... shit- GIFT ready!" A (now) panicked voice said. Zhongli knew that voice all too well (well you do sort of make him ya know- scream? moan? Idk a lot). His lips were in a small smile. He had realised why he has been feeling this way.

"What are you doing in the kitchen, Ajax?" Childe rolled his eyes as Zhongli came in.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe dinner?" Zhongli gave a light chuckle towards his response. He didn't expect anything else from him.

~
Okie dokie that's it.
Imagine how their dinner went or something.
(I'm getting flashbacks from that one fic on AO3 with Zhongli and Childe's dinner going wrong)