Chapter 9

"It's not hard to recognise something special when life's thrown a lotta shit on your way."
-Nicole Williams, Crash

If looks could kill ay kanina pa sana siya nakabulagta sa sahig. Cord was looking at her with that "I could kill you right now you know" look sa kadahilanang magdadalawang oras na itong nakatayo. Nasa silid kasi sila ni Cord ngayon at nakatayo si Cord sa hamba ng pinto habang nakasampa ang isang kamay nito sa dingding at ang isang kamay naman nito ay nasa buhok nito. While her on the other side is sitting on his bed, sketchpad and pencil on her hands. Actually, kanina pa siya tapos na idrawing ito pero dahil nga ay gusto niyang gumanti ay hindi niya sinabi rito.

She was actually working on her fourth drawing of him which is his tattoo and piercing. She was so fascinated with it that she thought of drawing it. Her first drawing was his full length, second was his pair of blue eyes and the third was his torso. Call her a perv but she really was so fascinated with his flat V torso that she can't help herself not to draw it.

"Hindi pa ba tapos?" He's been asking it for the nth times and her answers were always the same. "Nope."

"I've been standing here for fucking hours pero di ka parin tapos?!" One thing she'd learned about him is that he's short tempered. She ingnored his complains and continued what she was doing.

"Stay still!" She glared at him when he started moving. She heard him groaned and she secretly smiled.

"Damn it. Can I even rest? Nangangalay nako." Reklamo nito. She acted like he didn't hear him kaya naman ay sumimangot ito. Nais niya tuloy mapangiti.

"Wag ka kasi makulit nang matapos na tayo dito." Kunwa'y saway niya rito. Medyo naiinis rin siya dahil hindi niya gaanong makuha ang emosyon na gusto niyang iparating sa drawing, it's like something is missing and she can't quite put her finger on it. She can't quite pick up the color shading of his tattoo. Especially the color of the eye.

She was frustratedly too busy contouring the eye part of his tattoo that she didn't notice that he already left his post and went to where she was sitting. Hindi niya namalayan na nakadungaw si Cord sa drawing niya.

"So you were so fascinated with my tattoo and piercing that you've drawn it for like two hours. I mean, it's amazin--- no, amazing is an understatement. It's achingly beautiful but really Blaise, two fucking hours?!" Bakas ang amusement sa boses nito. Nagulat si Blaise at bigla niyang nabitawan ang sketchpad at nasapo ang dibdib ng biglang magsalita si Cord sa tabi niya. Hindi niya namalayan na nasa tabi niya na pala ito.

She looked at him flabbergasted and she saw amusement written all over his face. It was never her plan to show him her drawing of his tats and pierce. At mas lalong ayaw niyang makita nito ang fail niyang drawing. Napasimangot siya ng maalala ang papuri nito. She knows that her drawing wasn't even closed to amazing. It was a failure.

"What's up with the face?" Tanong nito ng mapansin ni Cord na nakasimangot si Blaise.

"It was a fail." She looked up at him helplessly. Nakita niyang kumunot ang noo ni Cord, tila hindi nito naiintindihan amg sinabi niya. "I felt like there's something missing eh. Hindi ko makuha yung drawing. It's like it's... emotionless." Himutok ng dalaga.

"Ugh. Nevermind." Bigla niyang nasapo ang mukha sa hiya. Hindi niya inexpect na maiintindihan siya ni Cord. Sabagay, no one understands her perception when it comes to arts and that upsets her too.

Naramdaman niyang umupo si Cord sa tabi niya, their bodies were few inches away from each other and the room suddenly felt hot.

"Hey." He huskily said at literal na tumindig ang mga balahibo niya sa batok. His mouth is so near to her ears at ramdam na ramdam niya ang hininga nito na kumikiliti sa tenga niya. She held her breathe for a few seconds.