Chapter 2: Shopping Day

A few weeks had passed since Kitsune and Milo had met, and they became pretty close within the short timespan. They spent time together frequently. Sometimes Milo would stop by her work when she had a break and chatted with her, or they’d immediately go to hang out after her shift. Today was one of the latter instances. Milo had offered to take the young woman shopping- insisting they’d help pay for it. Kitsune tried to dissuade them and told them that she could pay herself, but Milo was persistent.

“Are you sure you don’t mind helping me pay, Milo? Cuz like- clothes are expensive, and I’d feel bad if you spent a lot of money on me.” She spoke up.

“I’ve told you before, darling, I really don’t mind. I just want to make sure we can afford anything. Don’t you worry your precious little head.” Milo reassured, ruffling her hair.

Before long, they reached the mall. “First thing’s first- I wanna take you to a certain store. I saw an outfit there the other day, and I just HAVE to get it to you. It’s just your style.” The reaper stated, taking her hand and taking her to the store in question.

As they walked, Kitsune couldn’t help but notice the attention her and Milo had drawn to themselves. No surprise there, she supposed. It isn’t everyday you see someone with a halo, and Milo’s skin markings were definitely an eye-catcher. No matter, nobody bothered them, so she wasn’t too bothered by it. As long as they didn’t make any rude remarks, she was fine.

After a bit of walking, the two supernatural beings reached a store. It was a charming, albeit gothic looking place. Along with the black stained glass of the store, the walls of it were made of polished wood. Deep purple curtains lined the walls, adding to the aesthetic. The dark marble floors were rather clean, not even any visible dust.

“Here we are! Now, let’s seee..” Milo muttered to themself, looking through some of the outfits. Their eyes lit up suddenly, giving the indication that they found what they were looking for. “Aha! Here it is!” They beamed, holding the outfit in front of Kitsune. They hummed, looking it over for a moment.

“Yep! It’s just what I thought. It’s perfect for you. I think it’s your size too.” They remarked.

Kitsune hummed in curiosity, looking at the clothes they held. The main dress itself was strapless. It was black and it reached down to the knees, though some parts of it were more pointed and drooped a bit further. The skirt of the dress was a bit poofier, but not by much. There was a thin, black leather belt that was on the waist which had a piece that went up to the chest and made a slight cross shape. It was also connected to the neck piece, which made it seem like a mix of a choker necklace and a belt. To top it all off -quite literally- there was a dark gray jacket that was very open in the front, allowing the entire dress to be seen in all of its glory.

“Well? What do you think?” Milo questioned, grabbing Kitsune’s attention away from the dress. “Do you like it?” They asked.

“Oh, Milo, it’s gorgeous! I love it!” Kitsune cheered, prompting the reaper to smile.

“Wonderful. Come on, let’s go have a look around for some matching stuff! This would go so GOOD with some stockings.” They stated, as they continued walking around the store.

After a while, they had wrapped up shopping. They were just about to leave when they suddenly caught a sweet scent in the air. Turning, the two saw a little stand selling pastries. Kitsune looked up at Milo, tugging on their sleeve. “Milo? Can we get something from there?” She asked.

Milo chuckled, nodding their head. “Sure thing, darling. I don’t see why not.” They responded.

Kitsune smiled, her eyes lighting up like stars. “Yay!!” She cheered.

‘Heh, how cute.’ Milo thought to themselves, ruffling her hair again. This was nice, being able to spend time with their new best friend. Not only did they have some fun conversations, but they also got some sweets as well!

What a sweet way to end the day.