Chapter 2

The next day, Winter walked down to the dinner table on the second floor. She found a letter in her backpack saying that the Witchcraft Club will have a camping trip on Saturday, and told all of the other girls at the table. Aditi grabbed the box of cereal, but realized it was empty. Aditi's mother realized that she was supposed to make Pad Thai today, but she forgot the recipe. She went to ReimariTube and accessed her playlist on how to make certain foods such as Curry and Pad Thai. Because of an internet filter that the girls in the Bunny House set up to ensure that nobody who lived in the Bunny House was looking at anything they weren't supposed to online, the video was blocked, apparently because the video had a bad word in the title. But because the girls set up the filter to ignore the girls' computers, Cici could access the video perfectly fine.

"I tried to access the recipe for Pad Thai, but it says that the video is blocked. Cici, do you know how to fix it?" Aditi's mother told Cici.

"Yes. But I'll have to go to my bedroom for a few minutes. Be patient." Cici responded.

Aditi went up to play video games in her bedroom. Her mother started screaming at Aditi, but Cici used headphones so she didn't get bothered by Aditi's mother screaming. Cici took notes on a notebook so she wouldn't forget the recipe, then walked down to cook the Pad Thai.

Cici cooked Pad Thai according to the recipe. Everything went well although Cici was somewhat slower than Aditi's mother.

"I put some sugar crystals into the Pad Thai. They will make the Pad Thai perfect. And the cheesy texture of imitation crab meat? It will make it even better."

"I hate sugar crystals and imitation crab meat!" Aditi's mom shouted in horror.

"Let Cici cook the Pad Thai however she wants." Raina responded to Aditi's mom.

"No. I can't! It will ruin the noodles! And I can't stand eating imitation food, especially not imitation crab meat!" Aditi's mom shouted back.

"I don't like imitation crab meat when it's used as a substitute for crab meat. I like it when it's used in kebabs." Cici responded to Aditi's mom.

"Then why would you put imitation crab meat in kebabs when crab meat doesn't belong in kebabs?"

"The reason is because a couple of months ago, I decided to make kebabs, and started to experiment with different stuff."

"And why did you use imitation crab meat instead of the real deal?"

"I just like the cheesy texture of imitation crab meat. The real stuff has a tendency to fall apart when I try to make kebabs."

Cici finished making the Pad Thai and put it in plates, which she then served to everyone at the table.

"I loved Pad Thai. It was very amazing, especially the seafood." Sophie gave comments on Cici's Pad Thai.
"I hated Pad Thai. I don't know why, but I just hate it." Aditi confessed to Cici's Pad Thai.

After school, Winter went to the Witchcraft Club for her first club meeting. Winter sat on a desk, with her broomstick just outside of the classroom door. Raina noticed that Winter's broomstick had some amulet or something very special, and decided to take a closer look at it.

"The amulet of yours seems to radiate some kind of aura. Can you give me more information?" Raina asked Winter for more information about it.

"A couple of days ago, I found myself inside of a dark box, with a broomstick with an amulet attached to it."

"But how did you find yourself in the dark box?"

"I don't remember."

The girls thought about what might be special about the amulet that Winter had on her broomstick.