Chapter 5

Winter and the other girls were at school when the teachers decided to send them and some other students on a field trip. Although the school had a bus, the girls decided to go on their broomsticks because the school bus was very smelly and crowded. They ran to the roof of the school, because that was the only place inside the school where the girls could get onto their broomsticks and fly away. The students couldn't simply go out of the school gates because it was locked. They reached their destination which looked like it was made out of glass and only glass. It looked like a giant spiral. There were posters containing drawings of many pop idols hanging from the roof of the building. There even was a sign that said that there would be a pop concert at the building. However, the girls weren't there for the music or the celebrities. They were there for an assignment about how badly children behave when they get to see their favorite pop singer, and pop fans in general. The girls grabbed their notebooks and started to make observations about the children who are about to see their favorite celebrities.

Although the lines to buy tickets and enter the building covered the entire area between the entrance and the sidewalk, none of the girls had to wait in line. This was because the organizers of the event wanted to let the girls do their assignment and show to the world how badly children behave in front of celebrities. The girls got to take photos of children behaving badly in line. For example, they saw some kids try to run down the fences. Sophie caught a group of three children stacking on top of each other on her very own camera. This was only made worse by the fact that the people were squished while waiting in line. They eventually got into the concert where they started to trade cards and other things.

The girls flew on their broomsticks, and because they didn't want to break a glass wall, they decided to go through the vents. The vents were massive, due to the sheer amount of air necessary to keep the insides of the building cool. The vents were so big that all of the girls could fly through them at once with no fear of ever hitting the walls or each other. The fan blew in the exact opposite direction of the girls, but the girls were able to secretly cast a spell to weaken the airflow and into a secret room. The room had a giant bed capable of fitting all 4 of the girls, a game console capable of running Craftmine on 8K at 1000 FPS, and a remote control. Winter grabbed the remote control and pressed a button. The girls could watch as the fans rushed to their seats. Hundreds if not thousands of people fell down like dominoes, and people tried to climb a twenty foot glass wall that had water poured over it to make it slippery so people couldn't climb over it. The girls took photos of people standing on each other trying to scale the glass wall. Cici took a photo of a pop singer with people trying to hug her in all directions. Sophie dropped her camera onto the bed, but the camera was just heavy enough to cause the camera to collapse and explode into pieces. Some of the pieces flew off the bed, some reached the ceiling, and one piece even bounced off a wall into Raina's eyes. Fortunately, Sophie's camera was like a jigsaw puzzle. The camera can break into the pieces easily, but the pieces can not be broken easily. The girls searched the entire room for pieces, and they found all of them save for two. Some of the pieces were in obvious locations, such as on top of a blanket, but some of the pieces were in less obvious locations. The two missing pieces

By the time Sophie finished repairing her camera, the music performance started. However, people kept behaving badly and kept going after the celebrities like zombies. The security guards tried to stop the fans from reaching the pop singer, so they kicked everyone out, including the girls who are supposed to take photos of the people. Although the girls left perfectly fine, the other people started to fight, allowing the girls to take one last photo of the fans.

The girls realized that they were after a certain spell book so they flew to a place they knew had a lot of spell books. Sophie remembered that there was a dungeon from when they went camping back in Chapter 2, so she told them to go there first. However, Raina told the girls that it's still school time, so they went back to school to finish their assignment. However, once school went out, the girls ran out of school and flew on their broomsticks all the way to the fortress they saw on their camping trip. The girls flew through a pillar, which made way for a very thin door. Then the air started to behave weirdly. The girls were flipped outside down by the air, but at least they had a better view of the ground beneath them. The corridor was still very thin, but once they reached a certain point, the corridor gave way to the main part of the fortress, and the supporting pillars were the size of pine trees. There were even floating islands within the fortress, where magical girls would watch over to protect the fortress from intruders back when the fortress wasn't abandoned. There was a literal ton of signs in the fortress, leading the girls to where the spell books are stored. The girls flew to the door to the library, but they couldn't fit their broomsticks so they just jumped off their broomsticks.