The Truth

As I felt myself coming too, I noticed I was being lifted up by my sister. "What the hell did you do to her Yelena" she said accusingly. "It wasn't supposed to hurt her at all," got thrown back as response, "it was nothing like that for me." Natasha noticed I was opening my eyes again and let out a small "hey", but before the silence returned I reached past her for her gun and pushed myself off her to be at a safe distance. I couldn't manage to keep the gun steady with my head being in such agony. Both widows held their hands up in an attempt to calm me down. "What did you do to me?" I growled towards Yelena. "I gave you the antidote. It was only supposed to help you." It stayed quiet for a second as I lowered the gun and tried to collect my thoughts. "That was never going to work on me", I stated with disappointment. Both my sisters gave me a puzzled look so tried to explain that after Natasha defected, they started a new project to create a widow that was  even more loyal and deadly than their original creation. Dreykov found it a nice way to take revenge on the Avenger, by using her younger sister as the prime test subject. "They first have to break the mind before they can start to rebuild it to their liking", I held my breath for a moment before I continued. "They invented a new drug that raises your physical attributes just like the super serum, but in turn chips away at your own being. If psychological conditioning was the first step, and chemical alteration the next, you are now looking at the final product. The antidote is...  it's no longer capable of fully erasing what has been done." I looked down at the weapon clenched my hands, "I can still... feel how my body wants to finish the task given to me. The pain is trying to get me to succumb and fall back to his side as a loyal follower, except this antidote of yours freed my mind just enough to fight said urge, although I am not sure how long I can stand against it." 

I ran my hand through my hair and closed my eyes to try and subdue the upcoming nausea. Natasha edged closer in an attempt to disarm me, "here", I said defeated. As I took a step forward to hand over the weapon, black dots clouded my vision as if I was on the brink of passing out. I got caught in my sister's arms, which gave me a comforted feeling I had nearly forgot about over the years. The feeling of security made me reminisce back to my childhood, which was enough for a lump to form in my throat. I wanted to push myself off of her before these emotions showed up on my face, but my arms wouldn't listen to me. As her scent of cinnamon was entering my airways, I got woken up from my momentary bliss by a deafening explosion in the room next to us. Without wasting a since second, adrenaline got shot through my system. I ignored my pounding headache and started to move my sore limbs to escape the comforting haven, before being thrown back into the present and where I was now bracing for an incoming attack.

Dust was welling up all around us which made it harder to get a good grasp of the situation. I saw dark shadows moving in, using their rifles to scan along their entrance route. I got pulled back into a corner by a set of hands which indicated to be as quiet as possible. I could see Yelena standing across the hall from us, signaling to run as she set off rigged explosives that were placed throughout the entire apartment. "Left here!" She yelled out, as she guided us up the stairs. We burst through the emergency exit on the roof right after a widow in pursuit came up behind us, dropping on a building close to ours. We kept running until we arrived at the very edge of the building, stating that the jump to the next one was going to be too far. Yelena grabbed hold of a metal chimney with Natasha joining her, urging me to step on as well. As Yelena pulled the safety pin, the chimney started toppling over with some help of a slight push. I glanced behind me only to see the enemy widow was not coming to a stop. On the contrary, she was planning to jump for it, except there was no way she was going to make it. I saw Nat holding out her hand in attempt to catch her. I held my breath as the widow took the leap, just to see her getting caught by my sister. I yelled at her to hold on but my heart dropped when I saw her take out a knife trying to cut into the wrist of her savior, resulting in her failing to hold on. My stomach turned as I saw her fall down, only to land with a soft thud on the ground. I didn't have time to keep looking at her since the chimney now passed the halfway point and started to accelerate downward into the building ahead of us. As we had no way of slowing down, the only thing we could do was brace for impact.