Can You Hide?

We bulted down the hall until we ended up in a science room. I slammed the door shut then Carter and I pushed the teacher's desk in front.

"Fuck! What do we do now?!" Carter began freaking out.

"Calm down!!" I yelled, "Start searching all the drawers. See if we can find something useful." I said as I started sliding desks open.

"Will a fire hydrant do?" Matt asked.

I thought for a second. "Yes! I blurted out. Ok Matt, I'm going to need you to be brave alright? I said.

Matt gave me a weird look.

"I'm going to move the desk and as soon as he busts through here, I'm going to need you to spray him, ok?" I asked.

Matt sighed and nodded.

"Ready...NOW!"

I shoved the desk out of the way and the man came busting in. Matt began spraying him, causing him to drop the machete. Everyone ran out of the room. When I tried to grab the machete, the man grabbed my leg.

"GET OFF OF ME!!" I screamed as I kicked at him.

He yanked me to the ground.

"Ma'Lyiah!!" Kailey screamed then charged towards the man. She jumped on his back and started punching him in the head. The man grunted and flung Kailey off of him, making her slide across the room and hit her head on the wall. That gave me the chance to slide out of his grip. I swung my leg back the kicked him right in the face, causing his mask to fly right off. I gasped.

"Mr. Farling?!" I yelled.

Mr. Farling was my next door neighbor. He was always staring at Kailey and I when we came outside. He was a nice looking man but he was very creepy and too old for me (30s). Mr. Farling wiped the blood off of his now broken nose and charger for me. He tackled me to the ground and pulled out a knife, holding it to my throat. I froze up.

"M-M"

"Shut up!" He spat, cutting me off.

I stayed silent and looked passed his head. Kailey was slowly getting up.

"So you think your big and bad HUH? I've had my eyes on you for a while. Why don't we take a few layers off of you and see what your hiding under here-" Mr. Farling was cut off by Kailey hitting him in the head with a chair. She helped me up and we took off running. We made it all the way down to the gymnasium. I slowed down and took a seat on the steps.

"You ok?" Kailey asked.

"Yeah, its Justus ankle."

Kailey lifted up my pants and saw a huge bruise on ankle.

"Damn, how hard did you fall?" She asked.

"I don't even know and I don't even care right now. What time is it?" I asked.

Kailey pulled out her phone.

"9:53" she replied.

I sighed. This shit is taking way too long.  I pulled out a gun and cocked it back. I don't want to have to kill anyone, even if it is legal for the night. I'd rather go to a better place.

"Should we go find Carter and Nathan?" Kailey asked.

I nodded. As Kailey and I cautiously walked down the hall, we heard a loud boom then a scream. We both darted towards the noise. Carter was standing there looking at something horrific. There was our principal sitting, lifeless at his desk. His head was decapitated and rested on the desk in front of him. 'Happy Purging!' was written in blood on the wall. Nathan almost threw up and Carter started crying.

"I don't think I can take this anymore!!" Kailey yelled.

She began freaking out. She was loosing hope.

"Kailey please! Calm down. We can do this. I'm NOT going to let shit happen to you ok?" I said, holding her face still.

She nodded and wiped stray tears off of her face.

"Ok then. Lets keep moving."