Part 2

That kiss we shared in my kitchen was like a flame. You were so tender and wounded and I was so ashamed, Claire, that you'd been so hurt under my watch. I knew I shouldn't have held your neck and tasted your lips like I did. I knew that only more desire could come from entering your mouth and taking your tongue between my lips and breathing you in like fresh life and yet I knew that I couldn't resist you any longer.

I wish I could see you lying in front of me right now. Your naked body pressed along the right side of my bed. I know you are smiling. I could lose myself in the sight of your lush brown skin and the plush of your breasts fallen flat against your body. Although tonight I am partially grateful for my blindness; I am sure that I would break in the sight of your yellowing bruises and that little scar above your eye.

I won't play music. I never listen to music while I am doing something else. It's distracting; the only thing that I want to fill my senses is you. Nothing else matters to me right now, except for you.

As I undress beside you I can hear you utter my name in such a sweet and delicate hush. You lie so patiently and peacefully. To me, your whisper is like the shriek of a siren. Your heart is thumping against your ribcage with a dangerous mixture of fear and desire, and it is hungry for me. And how like an angel you lie in front of me, yet.

I toss my clothes aside eagerly and they pound against the carpet. I climb in beside you move toward you, not yet to touch you, but just to hover above you propped on my shoulders and breathe in your scent. My heart is pounding.

Your hair smells of pomegranates and mint. Your light, excited breaths taste like pumpkin seeds and coffee. You're wearing perfume; it's Boudoir by Vivienne Westwood. It is so classy, and so sexy. I breathe out a heavy sigh. You are incredible, Claire.

Before I touch you, I ask for your permission. I dip my head down beside your cheek and I whisper my request. You shudder out a broken yes. I can hear the strain in your voice and your heart pumping ever faster, still.

I say "thank you".

I say "I will take care of you."