Complications

Jake Lockley. You must take me as some sort of fool. I don't see the point in lying to me.

What? Jake turned around, looking up at him and frowning. "What? When did I lie to you?" Khonshu turned, his beak hitting the moonlight, the light dancing off of it beautifully. You lied to me about your true motives in staying with me. You didn't ask for a reward, did you? You'd told me that rewards weren't needed, but in reality you knew you were expecting something. Anything, even a pat on the head. "Well, yeah. I was hoping you'd do something, I mean.. I have been working for you for a while now." Jake looked at him, an eyebrow raised. " Fine, I guess I did lie about some things. But shouldn't you just be able to instantly know if I do lie?" Jake smirked. "You are a god after all. " Inappropriate. I do not read minds, I like the ability to do so - it helps in specific circumstances, but with people I am close to... or work with, I enjoy trust. I am not an unjust god, I still believe in trust. Jake scoffed, and laughed a little. "Sounds stupid to me. I don't trust any of these fucking people."

Jake looked around at the room full of people in front of him. He was stationed on the top of a hill, sniper rifle in one hand and the trigger in the other hand. He was laying down, waiting for his target to get into place. Lockley, you have proved time and time again of your loyalty. I will reward you, soon. You must make sure the others still do not know of us working together. Jake nodded, smiling. He was a little excited for the reward, and that he was being seen as good. He loved not having to hide anymore, how he was finally being recognized for his abilities. Jake's target moved into position, and Jake shot him right in the head. "It's done, he is dead." Good work, my moon. Time to flee, because they will be looking for a sniper. Now, quickly. Into my cloak. Jake fled into his cloak, and woke up in his bed. "I'm still not used to that weird magic." Khonshu laughed, and vanished from reality. Jake was sad to see him leave, but he knew he had work to do. Jake scrubbed his hands, and his weapons.