Let her go

Three years had passed since Katsuki got his family back and Hanae was thriving. She had apparently inherited her fathers' intelligence as she was a quick learner. She was taught by a private teacher that always gushed over her and always praised her cleverness. She had school everyday except when one of her dads or both of them had the day off.

After three years of hard work, Deku and Dynamight became the Wonder Duo. Now both occupying the number one hero spot, the public adored them.

And with the number one hero spot came the interviews and the talk shows. And as much as the public wanted to see the hero duo, they also always wanted to see the adorable daughter of the aforementioned Wonder Duo.

Hanae was loved by everyone in Japan and she loved the attention. A real star. She was often invited to shows and she always went with one of her frilly dresses that made her look like an adorable cupcake. There, they invented all sorts of games for her to have fun on their shows and to, at the same time, entertain Japan's people.

Thankfully, most of these shows were broadcasted late so most kids didn't watch them. Because of this, despite of her fame, Hanae wasn't known by kids her age and could go to playgrounds like a normal kid and play with the others without the risk of them wanting to play with her just because of her fame. She made a lot of friends like this.

But Katsuki still feared that her friends liked her only for her quirk as she had inherited her dad's. Explosions. But explosions chemically more dangerous than his, since hers were of a deep green color. Katsuki knew how damaging having an amazing quirk could be. Deku couldn't understand that. The desperation of wanting friends who loved you for who you were as a person and not for how cool your quirk was. The pressure of having to be powerful and fearless. The feeling that your worth only depended on your quirk.

Katsuki did everything in his power for her to not feel like he did as a child. He didn't know if he was succeeding but she did seem happy. He really hoped it wasn't an act. But he didn't think so. If Katsuki had learned one thing about his daughter, it was that she was as terrible a liar as her papa. It wasn't that she was a bad liar per se. She just hated lying. In the end, she always ended up confessing the truth. She had broken a vase? She starts by accusing her clumsy papa before bursting into tears a few minutes later, admitting it was her. She had drawn a mustache on him? She tells him it was her uncle Denki, which was quite believable, before rushing to admit it was her when Katsuki runs after the other blond, hands ready to explode. (Of course it was still Denki who had encouraged her to do it.)

So, yeah, she didn't like lying. It was quite endearing, really.

Katsuki couldn't believe that she was already six years old, soon to be seven. When he had first met her, she had been a shy little girl who was as tall as his knee. Today, she reached his hips and could talk in front of thousands of people without a stutter. He was so very proud of her. And he knew that Deku was too.

And the most important was that she seemed to be perfectly healthy. She never felt any pain in her heart, even after physical efforts. It gave Katsuki hope. Maybe the doctor had been wrong. It happened that babies were considered doomed and ended up growing up and living full lives as adults. Because, according to the doctor, Hanae should already be dead. And dead was the furthest word to describe Hanae these days. On the contrary, she was full of life. Glowing, laughing and just bringing happiness to the lives of everyone she crossed path with.

For years, especially the last one, Deku and Katsuki had been worried sick about her suddenly dying one day. Especially with the doctor's reminder that it could happen any day. But it had been a year since then and nothing had happened. Not a single alarm. So they were both starting to hope for a future for their daughter.