Past Dreams

"H-help me...", Aurelia tried to mutter, as the shadowy thing in the bottom of the lake slowly dragged her down. That thing already swallowed Alonzo. I only needed to let go of the bottle with the live jellyfish in it in order to grab Aurelia's hand.

I didn't. I swam back up.

Zavala, meanwhile, drove straight down again. He had always been a fantastic swimmer. That fool. This jellyfish was our only shot at worldwide fame. He grabbed Aurelia's arm and pulled her back up. I didn't know what happened after. All I heard was screaming and the sounds of terror. I then heard the thing from the abyss spoke. It sounded like lkhtagh-lghtahak lughthlklk lklklga.

I woke up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you", Narameh said, as I lent her my jacket. I then saw her warmly smile. "We were wrong about you", I read her lips say. "I will remember your name." That hurts! Someone threw a stone at my back. It's wrapped in paper. I read the note.

The chieftain will be avenged, Geronimo Torres.

We tried to warn you, but this is how you repaid us.

The ritual has already begun, the moment you dove into the water.

In the beginning, there is rain

Next is the dreams

Next is lkhtagh-lghtahak lughthlklk lklklga

Lkhtagh-lghtahak lughthlklk lklklga

Hlklihthlkua hklalu hkalu

Lkhtagh-lghtahak lughthlklk lklklga

Hlklihthlkua hklalu hkalu

I gazed in front of me. I saw her lifeless body, blood dripping from her shattered neck.

I continued reading the paper, which never seemed to end.

Lkhtagh-lghtahak lughthlklk lklklga

I woke up

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What have you been spacing out for spacing about, Mr. Torres?", Rico Zavala asked. I am now in the cafeteria table. "Thank you for talking care of Mr. Kitty.", he said, smiling, as he prepared tea in the cafeteria counter in front of me. The cat was also there.

"So sad that Dino Zavala and his crew vanished just like that. Did you know that he's born and raised here?", I've heard the nurse said, beside me.

"Eh, I thought Zavala was the patient, though?", another one replied.

"No, no, he's Geronimo Torres. He murdered him in cold blood."

The lad touched the kitty's collar, and said, smiling. "Good job."

I woke up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------