Prologue

"And, the award for the most contributions to science goes to...Louis! Please step up and claim your prize." As everyone in the room cheers me on, I walk up towards the stage with a faint smile on my face.

Standing in front of the microphone, I adjust it to my height before taking the award in my hands and looking towards the people in the crowd.

"Thank you so much everyone. It's an honor to be up here in front of you all today. And, holding this award in my hands? For the greatest contribution to science? It truly makes me grateful."

I smile towards the crowd before speaking into the mic, once again.

"I'd like to thank the facility and staff for supporting me throughout this long journey. It's truly been an honor working alongside all of you. Thank you for this amazing opportunity and, I wish you all a lovely evening."

As applause rings throughout the event hall, I bow once more before shaking the speaker's hand and walking off stage. As I sit back down inside my chair, I run my fingers through my messy hair before letting out a long sigh.

This is the longest 4 hours of my life. When is it finally going to be over?

Louis Yew. Also known as, Professor Yew, is one of, if not the most successful scientist in the whole world. His contributions to science are absolutely staggering and everything he seems to do is done with absolute perfection. Women love him and men loathe him. You would think that his life is absolutely perfect. However, this is not the case. Professor Yew is one of the saddest, most pathetic men that you will ever meet in life. And, that's a fact.

Looking at my watch, I see that I only have five more minutes left until I can finally leave. Grabbing my brief case, I make sure everything's packed and ready inside.

"I've got the camera and documents along with everything else I may need. Now, all I need to do is wait a couple more seconds and-"

"That concludes our time here. I hope you continue to work diligently and professionally and, as Professor. Yew stated, have a lovely evening."

And, that's it.

Grabbing my things, I instantly stand from my chair before rushing out of the door. As soon as fresh air hits my face, I let out a sigh of relief.

"Finally. Sweet, beautiful fresh air. I could barely stand being packed that tightly in a room with so many people. The air was unreservedly suffocating and it was so hot in there. I'm just glad I made it out in time before anyone could recognize m-"

"Louis! Amazing job on winning yet another award although, I barely had any doubt that you wouldn't win." As a hand places itself on my shoulder, I plaster a smile on my face before turning towards the man.

"Leon. My old pal. Walk and talk, will ya?" As I begin to strive down the street with the briefcase in my hands, the man behind me desperately tries to keep up with my pace.

"Of course! I uh...I couldn't help but notice that you left in quite a hurry. Mind telling me where you're going?" I keep my pace fast and brisk.

"To the nearest Home Depot. I need to get some supplies for an upcoming experiment I'm working on. Rope. Some nets...bait. The usual."

"Oh..." Leon looks down for a moment. "Well, what exactly is it that you're doing?" I stop in front of the store before opening the door and walking inside. "That is none of your concern."

"I...I see...that's um...unfortunate. Well, if you have some time later on today then, I'd really like to talk about you on your most recent achievements. Finding a way to combat global climate change? That's huge. I don't think anybody could even think of coming close to what you did."