One Call

-2008-

AN: Let's pretend that we already have advanced technology in 2008. 🤣🤣

-Lea's POV-

She's currently preparing to sleep when she received a call from Skype. She took a deep breath when she noticed it is a call from the Philippines.

"Hi Mama! Napatawag po kayo?" She greeted her Mama Anita her husband's Mom.

"Hello Lea anak! Kamusta kayo diyan?" She replied sweetly at kinabahan naman si Lea, the last time her mother-in-law used that tone on her was when she asked to borrow her children for a trip to Disney land.

It's been 13 years since she left the Philippines and she lived in NYC since then. When she left Aga she's already three weeks pregnant. Aga didn't know she never told him. Only her in-laws knows at nakiusap siyang wag sabihin kay Aga or else hindi ipagdadamot niya ang mga bata sa mga ito. She told them she will tell Aga once she's ready pumayag naman ang mga ito. She knows that they are still hoping na magkaka balikan pa din sila ni Aga afterall they are still married.

"We're okay Mama, kayo po? Kamusta kayo diyan sa Pinas?"

"Maayos naman kami ng Papa mo Lea. May sasabihin sana ako sa'yo anak." Sabi nito at lalo naman siyang kinabahan. Parang alam na niya kung ano ang sasabihin nito.

"Ano po yun Ma?"

"Well the twins called me earlier today, and they want me to help them persuade you to go home, they we're accepted at Kappa International High School and they want to study here daw."

Lea already knew about it. The twins kept bugging her since this morning and she already said no. The twins even used their kinakapatid, Vina's son Shaun. They said pinayagan daw ito ni Vina and they are coming home to the Philippines. She should've known her Azi and Avy will use their grandparents against her.

"Lea, anak please? Your Papa Alvaro and I are already old, we want to be able to be with our apos with you."

"Mama, it's not that easy. First we already sold all our properties there in the Philippines, saan kami titira ng mga bata, pangalawa I work here my life is here na po. At pangatlo, Mama how about Aga?"

It's true ibinenta na niya lahat ng properties niya sa Pilipinas, she never planned to go back anyway. Her parents are also in the U.S, si Gerard at ang pamilya naman nito ang nangangasiwa ng negosyo nila and they are based in Davao, because when Aga and her got married, they agreed to merge their companies, the Davao office and NYC office is being handled by the Salongas, while Manila office and the Singapore office naman ay ang mga Muhlachs ang nag ha-handle.

Even though Aga and her were separated, their families stayed close. In fact si Aga lang ang walang alam tungkol sa mga anak niya.

"You can always live here in the mansion Lea, para makasama din naman ang mga bata. Regarding your work, you can still work here I'm sure nasa eroplano ka pa lang naka pila na ang projects mo, plus our company is always open for you anak and don't worry about Aga. He never come here unless there's a family event. He never even attend family get together every Sunday since you got separated. Anak, I understand you're not ready yet to face him but think about your children they need their father and Aga needs them too, pero hindi kita papangunahan Lea. Ibibigay ko sa'yo ang desisyon kung kelan at paano mo sasabihin sa kanya ang tungkol sa kambal."

Napa buntong-hininga naman si Lea, she knows her mother-in-law is right. Isa pa it's been 12 years she already moved-on. She's doing great now. Pero handa na nga ba siya?

"I will think about it Mama."

"Good, at least it's not a definite no. By the way Lea, kamusta ka na? May boyfriend ka na ba?" Mama Anita went back to her usual mapagbirong self.

"Mama, you know I have no time for that. The twins are my priority."

"I know anak, but you know din naman that I want you to be happy. You may not come from me pero anak kita Lea, ano man ang nangyari sa inyo ni Aga, anak kita. Kaya if ever you'll fall-love again, know that I have nothing against it pero kung magkaka balikan kayo ni Aga mas magiging masaya ako."

Lea is very lucky to have a parents-in-law like them, kahit minsan hindi sila nito pinabayaan not that they needed financial support, but when Lea explained why she made the decision to leave Aga, they fully supported her lalonat alam ng mga ito na buntis siya.

"Thank you Mama. You know that I love you too so much and don't worry po if I ever fall in-love again you will be the first one to know. And Mama about Aga and I, you know it's impossible."

"Aga never had a single serious relationship since you two separated Lea."

"Maybe because he is still in-love with Mikee." Her sarcastic mind responded.

"I know Mama, you know Arlene and Almira keeps me posted regarding their brothers escapade, kaya I'm positive that him & I is really over and done."

"Hay naku ang mga batang iyon talaga. Alam mo bang sa tuwing may bagong babae si Aga ay numero dos na kontrabida ang mga 'yun? And of course ako ang number one. Hahaha! Your Papa Alvaro even told Aga na wala siyang ibang kikilalaning manugang maliban sa'yo and I wholeheartedly agree."

"Mama talaga., Sige na po Ma. Matutulog na po ako, I will think about what you said earlier. Say hi to everyone for me and the twins." Paalam niya dito. Mama Anita said bye as well at tinapos na niya ang tawag.

Lea then went to the music room to check on her children, for sure nandun pa ang mga yun, the twins developed a habit na magtambay sa music room before going to bed. When her parents and Aga's parents learned that the twins have incination to music, they purchased a house with music room para sa kambal. Her children are really spoiled from their grandparents.

Lea's right, andito nga ang kambal.

Azi is playing the guitar and Avy id on the keyboards, they are playing "A Whole New World".

"Twins!" Tawag niya sa atensyon ng mga ito. They stopped playing naman.

"Hi Mommy! It's early pa po to ho to bed ah. I thought our curfew is at 9PM if it's weekend?" Azi, her 12 year old son said, he was older than Avy her princess by only 10 minutes.

"And who say's it's already your curfew?" Nakataas ang kilay na tanong niya sa mga anak. "Your lola Anita called".

Hindi pa niya natatapos ang sasabihin pero inunahan na siya ng mga ito.

"Mommy please? We really want to study in the Philippines. Shaun said pinayagan na siya ni Tita Vina ikaw din pumayag ka na, pretty please?" Paglalambing naman ni Avy.

"I told your Lola I'm going to think about first. I will call your Ninang Vina regarding this okay? Why did you guys even applied in KIHS without informing me first?"

"Because we know you won't allow it Mom." Tila nahihiyang sagot naman ni Azi.

Napa buntong-hininga naman si Lea.

"Listen, I'm not mad okay? I just don't like it that you made big decisions like this without informing me. Ayaw ko ng maulit ito ha?"

"Yes Mommy!" Sabay namang sagot ng mga ito.

She's really nervous about going home. Her children both looked like their father, and once the public found out that they are her children they will immediately find out who their father is. Masyadong maraming lihim na mabubunyag kapag nagkataon.

She's not really worried about people finding out about her kids, she's more worried about her kids. Masasaktan ang mga ito kapag nalaman nila na hiwalay na siña ng Daddy ng mga ito.

Truth is she never told her kids that their Daddy and her are already separated, what they know is kailangan mag work ni Aga sa malayo kaya hindi nila ito kasama.. she knows nag iisip na din ang mga ito kung ano ba ang totoo it's just a matter of time bago sila magtanong at maghanap ng tatay nila.

She immediately dialled Vina's number when she got back to her room.