Chapter 3 Dogs, Guns, Goofball and Names

They were well out of the limits of town when Poppy's rational side finally kicked in.  They were heading in the opposite direction to where she had initially left everyone.  Every second she was being taken further away from her friends by an utter stranger, she didn't even know his name!

Poppy at a loss of what else to do she squeezed the grey troll's solid torso and tapped an urgent hand against his brown leather jacket.  "We need to stop!"

There was a sharp gasp, almost as if the guy had forgotten that she was there.  The bike screeched to a halt, the rear end threatening to skid out as the rider just managed to get it under control as the vehicle came to a stop.

"What the fuck!  Get off!  Get off the bike now!"

Poppy hesitated a moment too long.  "Sorry-?"

She was once more manhandled by this surprisingly strong troll and found herself quite literally thrown off the bike and onto the dirt track road that they had stopped on.  "Ommph!  Hey!  What's your problem?!" 

"Angel!"

Before Poppy knew what was happening the white shepherd dog was on top of her, growling as it pinned the pink troll to the ground.  "AAH!  Good dog!  Don't, don't bite me!"  Hair, those were some big teeth!

However the teeth on the white beast were nothing when she found the barrel of a handgun shoved in her face.  "Holy Hair!  What did I do?!" 

That wild look was back in those intense blue eyes.  "You said you weren't bitten!!"  The grey troll barked at her.

"Wh-what?"

"There's blood all over your hands!!  You've got thirty seconds to explain yourself before I pull the fucking trigger!"  He pulled back the hammer.

Poppy gasped and waved her hands before her.  "I fell!  Okay?  When I was running, b- before you showed up, I tripped, I-I put my hands out to save myself!"  Poppy explained frantically.  She could feel moisture welling up in the rims of her eyes.  If he didn't believe her, she was almost certain that he was going to put a bullet in her skull.

"Show me!"

Poppy looked at the dog warily and held her shaking hands up either side of Angel's body to show the crazy troll above her.  Seconds later she felt the relief of cold water that streamed through her scraped palms and then the splatter as the liquid hit the ground either side of her soaking her cyan sleeves.  Several seconds passed and she heard a click and the gun was removed from her sights.  The weapon was holstered and the grey troll clicked his tongue.  Angel backed off her and dutifully sat beside her master as Poppy sat up still shaking from the shock of it all.

Poppy watched almost in disbelief, shivering as the troll seemed to busy himself around his bike oblivious to what he had done.  He was opening bags and rustling around as the white wolf of a dog continued to glare at her.

  He was opening bags and rustling around as the white wolf of a dog continued to glare at her