Chapter 11-Lieutenant L/N

Today was the Day, today you are gonna be appointed to become Lieutenant, you were waiting in your room for an Toad to tell you that the ceremony can begin.

You were staring at yourself on your Mirror, you definitely changed a lot. However I won't say how since this is still a Reader insert fic, so you should be the one to decide how you look, unlike those other „reader insert fics."

Anyways, you were very much excited and nervous. This was gonna be a special day. You never experienced something this important in your life.

However there is one problem, your Throat fucking hurts. The Authors old Enemy, The Tonsil Stones decided to go bother you and cause this pain.

You really hoped that you wouldn't have to hold a speech for when you get appointed as Lieutenant. But you doubted it.

The Door knocked, which was a surprise. Usually the Door would just get slammed open.

You went to the Door and opened it.

It was Gary! The Toad who never took a Sick Day.

„Hey Gary."
You greeted the Toad casually.

„Uh, hey Y-, I mean sir! Captain Grime told me to tell you that the Ceremony is ready to happen in the Main Hall."

You smiled at the Toad.

"I'll head there soon, you go ahead."

"Yes sir."
He answered, leaving.

How nice, he calls you sir even thought you technically aren't Lieutenant yet.

You mentally prepared yourself, taking deep breaths. You then left the Room.

~~~

The Gates to the Main Hall opened, at the left and right are side of the hall were Toads standing at attention, while the middle was free with a carpet being a pathway.

At the end of a pathway was grime, on a slightly raised platform, waiting for you.

You took another deep Breath and began to make your way to Grime.

Once there, you kneeled down. Not sure if you were actually supposed to do that.

„Y/N L/N..."

He began, but paused.

„Through hard Training, sheer will and Determination you have proven yourself to be a phenomenal Soldier and therefore have proven yourself to be worthy of the position as Lieutenant of the entire Toad Army of Toad Tower and my second-in-command."

He paused again.

„However the question still remains, do you accept this position along with all the responsibilities that come with it?"

Only a fool would say no.

„I do."

You answered him, your heart beat increasing while doing so.

„Do you also swear to enforce the laws of Amphibia and to uphold the Values of this Towers Army?"

He asked, your heart beat increased even more.

„I do"
You repeated, even louder.

Grime nodded at a Toad that was holding a sheathed sword. The Toad walked to him and gave Grime the sheathed sword.