Same business as usual

Vacation unfortunately can't last forever. As nice as it was our group plus Bella and Jessica with us. Seeing mom. Everyone getting along. Nothing I didn't expect but 72 hours that's all we asked for. The Cullen's were more than happy to do it. Sam was happy to try but Emmet wanted to do whatever it took to get Victoria whether for himself as their current enemy of me to bring me back my friend. But it was ruined when he crossed the line. But now it was Monday again. That morning we were getting ready for school (outfit 44) and I stood outside my brother's bedroom door ready to greet him but heard him get on the phone. Jade come in do not linger by the doorway pretending you don't know I know you're there. Come in if you're coming in don't eavesdrop. Sorry I didn't want to interrupt.

You're not. Morning he called into the phone. A giant grin on his face. You know how much I could hate you? Came a teasing voice on the other end. Waking me up a min of 2 hours before I need to be at school. If I could see his face he would be rolling his eyes. Ok well change of plans our families aren't exactly as close as the 6 of us are. IDK about you but when we got back I heard they tried to get a certain red head back for our dear certain someone. A comforting hand on my shoulder was enough for me to obey the direction unspoken to sit down on the edge of the bed a hand covering my eyes was the unspoken word to close them and trust him. We never needed spoken words to know what the other asked of us. To understand what needed to be done. I was content to almost purring like stereotypical vampire as he put the phone on speaker laying it on the bed.

You're coming with us this morning. You and me and Jade and Bella we need to talk to Sam when we get to school. Why? Came Jake's voice. You haven't heard anything? Nothing since you got back? Well yeah but nothing I don't already roll my eyes at. Nothing that normally the two us wouldn't be arguing about. And he's gonna want to make sure Bella is there to hear it. And despite what we are you know how scary Bella can be when she's angry with you about something. You're gonna have to tell her the full truth you know that. Right? *ug* I hate when you guys are right. Renee said the same thing. You're really gonna make me deal with Sam before school? Would you rather him bite both of our heads off in addition to Bella? All the while my brother stood behind me and braided my hair. While I closed my eyes nearly purring and happily content. *sigh* fine whatever. I'll be there soon. I guess I'm getting ready for school 2 hours earlier than normal. I really want to hate you. You know that? We love you too Jordan. Yeah love you guys see ya soon buh bye.

Soon enough there we were the 5 of us in the car on our way to school and when we pulled up Jake was slinking back in his seat like his parent was waiting for him because he got caught doing something he shouldn't had done. Come on Jake it will be quick and painless. Edward encouraged. Physically it will be but this will in no way be quick. Do I have to? Come on we had a perfect weekend. Exactly let's not ruin it by Sam throwing us under the bus. No Edward teases shaking his head we have to get back to our real world. And that means dealing with our big pack brothers whether we're in the pack anymore technically or not based on the lack of tattoo. E Jake groaned from the back seat. Please don't make me do this. Come on Jacob you're acting like a child. Bella tapped his leg. Just go get it over with. Can't you show him some tough love? She scolded Edward. Bella we have tread carefully with him. No you have to tread lightly with a child Jacob is 16. He can do this. You're not doing it alone. Jessica squeezed his hand. It's not like he's your parent and he's gonna ground you for like being caught red handed under age drinking. No it's Sam that makes it 10 times worse. Ok fine let's get this over with.

If I asked you to stay in the car would you? Edward asked Bella and I. Can't you just let them fight it out for themselves? I mean this isn't the two of you normally I'd want people not to fight but this is ridiculous tattoo or no tattoo he's still a werewolf and Sam is still his pack brother. They should not be fighting like child and parent. So the rest of us got out of the car. Because let's face it that's just who Bella and I are. Good to see you're all in one piece. Sam started. I thought you guys were never coming back. Gonna be honest with you I wish we hadn't. We had a great time. But I should be saying that to you guys. You can't get along with the Cullen's for 72 hours?! We were only gone for 3 days Sam! Jacob why are you picking now to sound like the alpha you gave up that right along time ago when you turned the responsibilities over to me. Because alpha or not the Cullen's aren't our enemies and it's something a leader would want to do. We already have the truce. Or do you not recall? Since the two of you like blow caution to the wind and well you know consequences be damned. Even if someone crosses the line. In this case literally! Dad's let Edward cross the line before and I'm always at the house. This was something you were doing for Jade you can't bend the rules for something as sacred as Jade?