CHAPTER 9

It was raining , Shivaay  was standing near the glass wall of his office , looking outside lost in his thoughts . His thoughts, which were prominently ruled by certain Miss Anika Randhawa these days . he was still trying to figure out his feelings for her .

Whole world knew him as a detached cold man . That was because he did not make a public display of his possessive side . A fiercely possessive side . This particular emotion was reserved for people VERY close to his heart .  he was aware that he never felt this possessiveness for any of the woman he had dated over the years . Passion yes , but not an iota of intent to make a place for them in his life . In fact they usually become unbearable after 3-4 months . Some of them were from business circle , with an intelligence to match their looks . Yet he never 'bonded' with anyone . He was a man with scandalous past and lots of emotional baggage . In order to bond with someone you have to relate with them , which he never could . Then WHY Anika? Why he feels at home in her presence ? She feels known , like a part of himself . Maybe it is because she has lived a life which other people have only pity about , just like he has lived a life which other people only gossip about . These other people don't understand how it actually feels to be in that situation .

Somewhere between avoiding him while staying in Oberoi mansion and being friends with him , she evoked that possessiveness in him for herself . And the fact that Anika is an angelic beauty , inside and out, did not help the matter . Four years back , her oval face with doe like brown eyes , long black tresses and her alluring figure had captured his attention on the day of Priyanka's wedding itself , where she had looked splendid in her red and yellow lehenga choli . But when he came to know about her background and her equation with Ranveer jiju , the Oberoi in him , the son and the brother who had suffered all his life , came to fore And in anger he never saw anything but faults in her . He had missed looking at the actual her  for past 4 years because of his bitter anger towards life , towards His Father Shakti Singh . Now that he thinks of it, he was more blind than angry . How could have he not noticed such a beautiful person ? Of course she too did not give him much chance to notice herself either ,  by avoiding him and disappearing from the room where he was present at the first given opportunity . He knew about her efforts to dodge him , Priyanka has admonished him multiple times for scaring her sweet sister-in-law .

 It was not the feeling , but the intensity of it that made him stop and think . This is certainly a record time in Shivaay Singh Oberoi's universe , in which he has developed feelings of this magnitude for someone . He did not know how it started but these days he notices everything about Anika . From the color of her dresses to her different hair styles . From her non stop chatter to her heart warming smiles . The way she becomes a kid while playing with the twins to the way she becomes a matron when dealing with Dadi . The way she is still scared of his temper bouts to the way her huge expressive eyes twinkle when he praises her cooking .

His lips curved into a smile at these thoughts and he started putting on his coat . It was getting dark outside , and his heart could not wait to go home !!!!!!! 

.............x...................

In the other part of the city , Anika found out that she was late for registration for next exam slot by a few days . Had it been only her involved in decision making , she would have happily gone back home without another thought and continued her life with her angels.  But with Shivaay Singh Oberoi breathing down her neck to appear for exams , she reluctantly registered for the next slot , some seven months away . 'Trust Shivaay Singh Oberoi to give her a 'salary' to do something and then expect her to not do it' she chuckled . But in her heart she knew that Shivaay was doing all this for her own good . He knows the value of a professional degree and just wants to help shape her career . Instead of making excuses , she should learn a thing or two from him about dedication and hardwork . She brightened up at the thought that he is looking out for her too , just like he does for his family . He is a very good friend ,  she agreed in her heart.