Chapter 4

It was a very long and painful night for Magnus Bane. These people were cruel and pure evil. They didn't just abuse him physically, but mentally as well, saying stuff like:

"Where's your husband? Why he hasn't come to save you yet"?

Or things like:

"He doesn't love you that much does he? A shadowhunter will always choose their own kind, not someone like you".

The guy was wrong. Alec was always choosing Magnus and he had proven that millions of times. It was a matter of hours until Alec would take down those doors and save his husband.

After a while the tall man came back and saw the results of what his men had done. He was proud of. The worst part of his torture wasn't the physical pain of course, but the fact that they were playing with his mind. After they had beaten him up, they threw him back to the matters, hoping he will die.

It was probably after midnight Magnus thought, because he saw a few stars from the small window or he thought he was seeing stars. The entire time was thinking of Alec. His Alexander, with his beautiful blue eyes,that Magnus was never getting tired of looking at or with his adorable little snore which Magnus's got used to by now. He wished he could see his eyes again for one last time. Although he was feeling like dying, his husband's thought kept him from giving up on life. Maybe tomorrow will be better or maybe worst.

"Alexander... my angel..." He whispered tired and allowed to himself to sleep. "I'm trying ".

***

The following day at the institute found Alec wearing the same clothes, angrier than yesterday and with no more patient left on him. It was the third day and no progress. The letters were keep coming. Izzy knocked the door and ass she entered the room Alec's father appeared behind her. Alec didn't believe that his father would care, but he needed to find Magnus.

"Alec I called dad. He wanted to see you." Said his sister. Alec's father approached his older son and hugged him. It was unusual for Robert Lightwood to do these kind of gestures, but when he saw Alec he realized how serious the situation was. Alec did not return the hug. Not because he didn't like Robert, but any kind of affection right now will make him broke down in tears. He didn't want that. He needed Magnus.

"Son, Are you okay?" He asked worried. The young man did not respond, so his father continued. "The Clave has been informed about the situation..." Robert was hesitant after that. He didn't know how to say to his own son that they haven't try to find Magnus yet and that this case was not a priority for them even though, Magnus was the High Warlock of Brooklyn.

"Stop! I know. They have done nothing. NOTHING FATHER. That's why you're here? To tell me to give up on him? If it was one of their own they would have moved sky and earth to find them". Alec was yelling, but not at his father.  He was just keeping it  all for himself trying to look calm and with a plan, but in reality he was a wreck .

"Alexander I'm here, because you need to take a break and I will talk to the Clave myself. Go take a shower, eat something and come back in a few hours". Robert suggested.

His son looked at him astonished. "Wh... what? You... you will talk to them? Father... thank you". Alec said relieved. He looked at his father and forced a smile and then he stormed out of the room. As he was heading back to his bedroom another fire message arrived with a location and a sentence, which was the last drop.

"Your husband is dying. You better come to this address alone. No surprises otherwise you will see him dying and you will joining him soon afer".

"No... no... NO FUCK". The shadowhunter spoke to himself and ran to the weapons room finding Jace there, but not painting any attention to him. Then he grabbed a few arrows, some daggers and a seraph blade, but as he turn to leave his parabatai grabbed his arm.