Chapter 6 [Wha-whaaaattt?]

EDDIE POV
"That thing you did back there with the bat how you just killed it with your feet." I start talking to Steve "that was just soo cool."
"Um thanks man." He said unsure if what else to say.
"Soo completely changing the subject here." I begin " Y/n. You and her DEFINITELY aren't", I do the motion that I did when asking
Y/n this.
"What!? Dude no! She's like my younger sister! Sometimes even my older sister she that's mature." He says with almost the exact words Y/n used.
"Sorry just asking.....and there's definitely not someone she's dating or anything?"
"No! Y/n is the most single person I ever know and she always will be if you go back to ignoring her."
My eyes widen in shock at what he just said.
"Wha-whaaaattt?" I ask
"Fuck." He says quietly "Um well how about you pretend I never said that?"
"No, I wanna know exactly what you mean by that!" I say whisper yelling so the girls ahead can't hear us.
"Don't mention a single word of this to her alright? Because of you do I will murder you myself, alright?" Steve says very aggressively
"Alright."

"Okay so since 7th grade Y/n has been like OBSESSED with you. When I say obsessed I mean like full on talking about you 24/7. Anyway she had developed like her first proper crush on you and it was honestly sad to watch, she would come to my place almost every afternoon and cry to me about how you don't even know that she exists." Steve was saying and I was shocked. "This one time we were in middle school, we were in the halls after our last class and she had the sharpest pencil you'd have ever seen, you wanna know what she did with it?"
"Yeah...." I say
"She threw it right at your head. It hit you and you looked at everyone. EVERYONE. Except her."
"That was her? I remember that but she definitely wasn't there." I say shaking my head.
"See, you didn't even know she existed."
"Why didn't she just talk to me?"
"Oh trust me, she tried." Steve laughs "multiple times. You just walked past like you thought she wasn't talking to you."
"Oh."
"Anyway that's that any questions."
"When you say she had a crush on me, does she still?"
"Oh yeah! 100% and it gets worse and worse every year." Steve says as he looks at me. "I threw my text book at his chest today, he threw it on the ground without looking at me." He says doing his best Y/n voice.
"And when you say since 7th grade, you mean you've been there for all of it?"
"Me and Y/n are a year apart but we've been friends since elementary school. I was in grade 4 and she was in 3, I said to her 'there's no way you can beat me in a race' because we were practicing for the athletics carnival. She had looked shocked but said 'and there's no way you can beat me in this weeks maths test.' In the end she won both the race and the test. That's how we became friends I guess." Steve shrugs like it's the most normal thing ever.

I looked at Steve a little before asking.
"You reckon if I asked her out she'd say yes?"
"She's probably punch you in the face then say 'took you long enough." Steve says nodding to himself.
"That a good thing?" I ask him
"Well good for her but she'll make your nose bleed so I don't know you choose."
"One more question." I say
"Yes?"
"Why doesn't Y/n know how to cook?"
"Wellllll. Y/n lives with me when she feels like it and I tried to get her to cook once but she burnt her finger on the stove so she now refuses to go near the kitchen. So when her mums out drunk somewhere and there's no leftovers she call me and be like 'hello chef Steve, I would loveee some lasagna right now, can you please do that for me? I'll give you a tip of 'you're the hottest best friend anyone could ask for.' It's really funny."
"Ohhhh okay." I laugh along with him.
"Also just because I told you she has a massive crush on you, that doesn't mean when we next see her that you go up and ask her out, okay?" Steve says seriously.
"Yes, okay."

Holy fuck Y/n likes me!
I couldn't stop thinking that. It was like hearing you've one the lottery.
Next time I see Y/n I could be wayyy more open with her but not like fully open but like dropping hints and stuff.
"Also Eddie" Steve interrupts my thoughts "if you break her heart I'll break your arm, got it?"
"Got it."

I honestly love this chapter it's just so sweet.
Pls vote :)
-Soph