Chapter 18

"To the divine,
mischievous
spark in you."

Callista wrapped James' Gryffindor scarf around her neck. She nicked it from him the day before so she could show her support for him during the Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff Quidditch match. Her friends did not approve of the red and gold but she wore it with pride.

On the way down to the Quidditch pitch, Reece walked past in her Quidditch uniform but once she noticed them she turned to walk backwards. "A Gryffindor scarf? Outrageous!"

Callista laughed. "Give me yours then," she gestured to Reece's scarf thrown over her shoulders.

They both stopped and she walked towards her. She took it off and threw it over Callista's shoulders, around the red and gold one. She pat it down once she was finished and stood back to observe her work. "Much better."

They laughed and continued the walk to the pitch. She reached her friends who had continued without her at a slower pace and said goodbye to Reece, wishing her good luck.

She smiled to the group who all gave her varying looks, ranging from disapproval to amusement. She looked at Rabastan last, who shook his head but did not hide the amused smile on his face. He threw his arm over her shoulder and pulled her forward. "By the time we get there, the match will be over."

"With you stopping every minute to fix your hair, then definitely," she argued.

"It's windy."

"Deal with it." She stuck out her tongue and he shoved her away, laughing. She joined in, regaining her balance and falling in step next to him.

~~~

"GRYFFINDOR WINS!"

The loud shouts of Gryffindor students ensued once the win was confirmed. Callista joined in, ignoring the unenthusiastic cheers from her friends. She laughed at them and continued cheering, raising her hands in the air and letting out a few whistles. She paused to brush hair out of her face but the wind would not let down and blew it back into her face.

James flew down to the bottom of the pitch with his teammates as they celebrated their win. This was their second win and they were well on their way to winning the Quidditch cup. Though she wanted him to win, she also wanted her own house to win. She would be happy either way.

"Let's go," Rabastan called, nudging his head to the nearest set of stairs. "It's cold and it's windy and I want to sleep."

With a mouthful of hair she nodded and turned to follow them, trying to get it out of her face. Amused smirks covered Fallon and Genevieve's faces. She scrunched her nose in reply. She had fun and she would not let the wind or the cold ruin her mood.

"You always want to sleep, mate," Aidan said, shoving his shoulder. Rabastan turned to shove him back and the two boys stumbled through the rows of people in a little competition of who could shove the other harder.

"You're going to fall down the stairs!" Callista called to them, concern filling her features. They gave no indication they had heard her and continued their chaos. The last time this happened, which was just last week, both boys ended up in the infirmary. They were running down the stairs inside the Hogwarts castle. On one of the stairwells, they failed to notice it moved and both of them ended up falling to the stairs beneath them. They never learn.

Fallon walked along on the stand above hers and leaned down to rest her elbow on her shoulder, almost falling off in the process, but she swiftly regained her balance. "Ignore them. Let them fall."

Genevieve piped up from behind her. "That's mean, Fallon."

"I say let them." Magorian shrugged, slipping his hands into his pockets. "Serves Rabastan right for tripping me in the corridors yesterday."