Chapter 1

Hi! My name is Artemis Divil, and I used to live in Lilium Orphanage, before I was enrolled in the worlds most prestigious hero school, Monarch Academy. I am 15 years old and today starts my first day at school. I'm so nervous, I wonder if everyone will like me. "Oh god, I forget where my dorm is!" I panicked, walking up and down the road trying to remember where the dorm was. "Did you seriously forget where your dorm is? You were told several times." A deep, echoey voice said from behind me. I turned, yelping, not realizing that Umbra had been behind me. "EEP! Hey, you scared me! But yeah, I did..." I laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of my head and turning to properly face Umbra. He sighed, grabbing my wrist and dragging me down the road. "HEY! I can walk on my own you shadowy jerk!" I yelled, before he threw me down in front of my dorm. "Thanks I guess." I huffed, and he rolled his eyes, disappearing. In case you don't know, I'm the only one who can see Umbra, so if anyone saw me, I'd look like a complete weirdo. Grabbing ahold of the handle, I turned it, opening the door and walking inside the dorm building. I found myself inside of the kitchenette/living area. There was a table off the the side near the stairs with a white table cloth over it and 6 chairs, as well as a small living space tucked into the corner with a blue couch and a TV. "Hello-?" I called, wanting to check if I was the only one there or not. When no one answered I shrugged and walked down the stairs to see if there was a room I could claim or something. Getting down the stairs, the first room was taken. It had a bed in the center of the furthest wall, with two bedside tables on either side, and a big rug in the center. The room was filled with anime posters and a cat clock as well as a TV opposite to the bed. "Not this one then." I said to myself, closing the door and checking the other room. This one was pretty bland, a yellow rug was in the center, and the bed was tucked into the corner of the room with a desk space to its left and a large poster to its right. 'This ones taken too' Umbra said through the mind scape. "Yeah, I can see that." I sassed back, walking to the door right across from the very yellow room. It was just a bathroom. "Guess that just leaves upstairs then huh." I mumbled, walking back up the stairs, then up another set to get to the upper most floor. Once I got there, right across the short hallway was a large room attached to the balcony, which I'm assuming was the master bedroom since it was the largest. Entering the room, it had nothing inside. "Bingo!" I said, setting down the boxes I had and laying everything I had where I wanted it, taping up posters and setting down the sewing kit. I stood back up and admired my handiwork, taking a few steps back. I nodded in approval before the doorbell rang and I ran downstairs to see who it was.