Goodbye (I Love You) - Rini One Shot

(btw the actual one shot will probably be fairly long, this is just the concept, let me know if you want to see it)

the reason ricky bowen was late in arriving to camp shallow lake this summer is because he had to take his best friend (and ex girlfriend) and drop her off in los angeles on his way there.

not that he minded. he'd offered because he wanted to.

and admittedly, the reason they both agreed wasn't just to save her moms the drive when he was going out west anyway. they weren't just going to the same state for the summer.

she was going to los angeles for... well they really didn't know how long. and he was going to summer camp a bit further north. so he'll take her on his way there.

it was time to say goodbye- and really, they both knew it.

it's better to do that alone- not in her bedroom where both her moms could hear them through the door.

it's better to spend those hours on the road together before they go their separate ways for who knows how long.

maybe forever.

maybe it's better to think it's goodbye forever.

that way when they see each other again it's all that much better on the reunion.

it's not easier- to make even more memories before they let each other go. in fact it's probably going to mae everything hurt even more. but it's definitely going to be memories they'll cherish.

even broken up, they know it's love between them. real love. that's never gone away.

it may never go away.

but despite those feelings, this road trip could still be their last. and the sooner they accept that the better.

or maybe they can just ignore it for a few more hours...