ᵀʳᵘᵗʰ ᴬⁿᵈ ᴶᵘˢᵗⁱᶜᵉ

𝐘/𝐍 had finally gotten a lead on Paul Stacy, weeks had passed and Spider-Man couldn't find anything to do with Gwen's brother's whereabouts, but he found some new evidence at a bar in the upper-west side.

He arrived at the bar, not wearing his costume since it was easier to explain to someone that you're a friend of their sibling as a normal person instead a spider-themed vigilante.

The teenager walked inside only to see that the place was trashed. Y/n ran over to a guy at the bar, checking his pulse to see that was dead.

He flipped over all the corpses to see that none matched Paul's description, but found it strange that despite the dried blood, no cops or paramedics have come.

From the looks of all the bodies, it was a gun fight, evident by all the gun shot wounds in every single body. Most of the corpses had two shots in the chest and one in the head.

He snapped photos for evidence he would hand into the cops once he solved this, but after he finished his photo shoot and went to dial 911, he saw the gleam of a glass keychain reflect under a stool.

Y/n reached under, grabbing it and dangling it in front of his face to see a picture of Paul and Gwen, smiling and happy at a table in a restaurant.

"Shit..." The teen cursed.

If what Gwen told him about what Paul's old habits where, he was most likely gambling again and got intro trouble with the wrong guys. Maybe he left this chain as a clue or a call for help? Y/n didn't know, but he did know that he couldn't tell Gwen right now.

If he gave her the keychain and described what he stumbled into, she would definitely think her brother got in some serious trouble and was killed for it.

He was starting to hate secrets.

As Y/n dangled the keychain, it turned around, allowing Y/n to see the back which was incomprehensible scribbles. Someone wrote this fast and the secret superhero could barely make out the writing.

Y/n informed the cops of the scene before quickly leaving the area.

🕸 🕷 🕸

𝐏𝐀𝐔𝐋 had, in fact, been taken by someone, but not by anyone he owed money. No, by someone that worked exclusively in the shadows, flying under people like Spider-Man's and the Avengers radar, using his voice to make a name for himself.

"I'm not going to hurt you, Paul Stacy." The man chuckled, noticing the fear in the blonde's eyes that he tried to cover with a stone face. "I'm here to make a deal."

"I'm a nobody. The only person that you could possibly want me for is my father." Paul replied.

"No, no, no... Don't speak like that, Paul." The man said, slightly amused. "I know you're ex-military. Wanting to live up to your father's expectations. That's why you gamble, isn't it? You're wasting your life, Paul. I'm here to offer you salvation, a chance to be the best version of yourself. You're a fighter, channel that for me."

Paul bit his lip, thinking about it. "What do you need me to do?"

The man chuckled once again.

Y/n was now suited up and zipping across the city, getting a call from his phone that was rerouted to his Bluetooth earpiece.

"Did you get through to Spider-Man?" Gwen asked.

"Yeah, I did." Y/n replied. "He said he visited Paul's last known location, a bar in the upper-west side. He wasn't there, but he did find a location on a keychain."