Chapter 14| Cupcake confusion!

....

I've been dreaming of Ludwig again, and he's been doing a lot of fighting in the dream. He didn't lose a single fight, her fought and always won. It was always 'many' Jax that he was fighting, Jax never gave you and kept multiplying but in the end Lugwig would walk up to me with a bloody nose and a cocky smirk, then he'll hold my waist and pull me closer to him.

That's all the dreams end. It's thursday afternoon and I'm tossing around in bed trying to go through my English textbook, I've missed an entire school week and I have to catch up. My friends have texted me what I needed to study and pictures of notes they've copied, all that's left is to go through them but it seems like an impossible task with Ludwig going through my mind.

What reminds me "I hope he's tired, because he's been running through my mind all day" dope pick up line, right?.

My ears suddenly began to catch faint angry voices coming from outside.

"You dey mad! Sense no dey your head!."

"Is your mother at that home that is mad!!."

"Ahh! If them born you well repeat am."

I recognized the lady's voice to be Iyabo's, "I  talk say your mama no get sense, wetin you fit do."

"If I woose you, you dey lucky say I no dey touch girls, if not I for don kill and buy you."

I slowly got up from bed and strolled to the only window in my room at the farthest part from the door. Just to feed my curiosity, I slid it open and looked down, then trailed my eyes around.

It was the gatekeeper Lila hired just yesterday morning, kelvin. Kelvin and Iyabo were having a face off and a fit of word exchange. Iyabo held a fight stance tapping one thin feet consecutively on the ground as if she could beat up the young man, but maybe she can, who knows?! She might be a tomboy.

Kelvin is a brown skin Fulani guy of average height which makes Iyabo taller than he was because Iyabo is pretty tall.

"If they born you well touch me!. I dare you to touch me. Good for nothing bastard!." Iyabo spat.

"No be your fault. Na pikin dey worry you'll" he began to move away from her.

Kevin's eyes flicked to me for brief moment before strolling back to his little house by the gate which has never been used before until now.

Iyabo did a very long birdy hiss and before stumping back towards the house in her short black skirt and blue round neck top. May Allah help this girl with her nonsense attitude.

I locked my window again and went back to my bed to read again. Trying to study on the bed was a bad idea, I fell asleep quicker than I thought. I dreamed of....as expected Ludwig. The same kind of dream where he fought many Jax.

In the afternoon, I woke up again to eat. I went down into the kitchen to find myself something to eat, the burger Lila left for me isn't going through! I was craving for Garri with sugar and groundnut.

I climbed the stairs down and went into the kitchen, Iya Iyabo was seated on a stool and wiping her hands, "Good morning" I greeted.

She faced me but quickly turned back to her hand, to let me know that she has chosen to ignore me. I pondered on getting the food and just going back to my room or try to fix things with Iya Iyabo since she was definitely like a mother to me.

"E ka ro" I greeted in Yoruba instead.

No reply.

"E ka ro ma!" I greeted again heading towards her. She hung the napkin away still ignoring me, and walked by me and went out of the kitchen.