Yellow Sunglasses

The sun was warm, the ocean was cool, and the sea air was blowing lightly in YN's hair. It was the perfect day to be at the beach. She sat in a lounge chair under an umbrella in her favorite blue suit as she pretended to read the book in her hand. It was something a friend had convinced her to buy before the trip - a love story about a grad student and a professor pretending to date and going to a conference about math or science or something like that. YN wasn't really sure, she wasn't actually reading.

She was distracted. Harry was sitting in the sand a few feet away, chatting away with her brother about something she couldn't quite hear. He was shirtless and his swim shorts were a bit shorter than usual, his golden skin littered with tattoos on display for all to see. But YN knew he wasn't doing it for the attention he would surely get from strangers. She knew he was doing it for the attention he would get from her, because he had teased her about this exact moment last night while knuckles deep inside of her trying to make her cum.

The morning after their little encounter was even more awkward than the rest of the trip had been so far. But in a different way. Instead of trying to avoid him at all costs, YN was making an effort to stay near Harry in the most nonchalant way possible. She didn't want her brother or anyone else picking up on the change of behavior, but his presence sent a shiver down her spine. YN was trying so hard to seem not awkward that she ended up more awkward and her brother noticed right away, wasting no time before teasing her for having a crush on his best friend. Harry didn't join in like he used to, just gave her a sly smile and went back to eating his pancakes.

When her brother got up to go to the bathroom, Harry turned back to YN. She was drinking orange juice and nibbling on a pastry, but other than that she was just scrolling her phone. This, apparently, was not suitable to Harry. He demanded she eat a better breakfast and when she tried to refuse he whispered that she was a brat and went to get her a yogurt himself.

"Now eat," he said in that demanding but not at all mean tone.

YN listened, and she ate the yogurt.

Things only got more awkward after that when YN's brother wanted to go over to the hotel pool but YN suggested the beach instead.

"Actually dude, I think the beach sounds nice. We did the pool yesterday," Harry said.

"Y'really gonna side with her? What's going on with you lately?" he groaned.

Harry just shrugged. "Beach sounds nice," he reasoned.

Her brother reluctantly agreed.

So the three of them had walked down to the beach together, Harry carrying most of their personal belongings. YN spotted one of the last open lounge chairs in the shade, and the boy agreed to let her have it while they sat on their towels several feet away. They had come to the beach together, but so far had been enjoying their time relatively separately.

YN was sneaking peeks at Harry whenever she got the chance, Harry was pretending not to care that YN was around them, and her brother acting like a cranky toddler, sitting in the sand and digging a small hole with his hand while he talked to Harry with a furrow in his brow.

It was like that for a while, and honestly, YN didn't mind. They weren't bothering each other and she got to be close to Harry without it being weird and didn't have to worry about saying the wrong thing and looking like a little kid again. She would have been content to sit in her lounge chair fake-reading her book for several more hours with no complaints at all. Maybe she'd even go grab a cocktail from the hotel beach bar behind them. A little liquid courage could help her to keep up appearances around Harry.