Chapter 14: Alliances

This is the new chapter 14. Again, sorry for the sudden change.

----------

A/n from before I re-written chapter 14: As I'm writing this part, I found out that Technobalde died T-T

At first, I thought it was some sick joke, but my sister handed me her phone and showed me the last video his family posted on his YouTube channel. At first, I was in denial that he died as I watched the vid, seeing it as just a prank, but as I finished it, I started to feel that it was the truth and that the king of Minecraft is dead.

Let's have this short silence to pray for his soul and family. We also prey on all people with cancer and other diseases for which we still haven't found the cure. Let us prey on those experiencing pain and wish them to feel better and once again enjoy their life with happiness.

Rest in peace, Technoblade. We'll never forget you, who bring joy and laughter to us. Who helps many people, even when you experience pain from your illness. We hope your soul is in peace.

----------

- Recap -

"... We don't know them, and you should know never to strike a deal with people you don't know. You don't know what they want from you, and you might regret it."

Jane looks at Ben to see him ready to disappear from his spot. She also noticed that Ben was slightly shivering? Jane herself didn't feel any change in temperature in the room. She was sure it wasn't the air-con as the only thing giving any refreshing air in the room was the open window. And the wind isn't even that cold.

Yet the black-haired female shakes it off from her head when Masky only stays quiet upon Ben's statement. Even knowing that Ben is correct, the assassin remains silent and lets Ben continue with what he will say.

"I care for my family, my real family. I trust them, and I trust Jeff that whoever this All for One is a big deal. I trust Hoodie's decision to decline the invite. I trust him that he'll keep Kate and Helen safe... I trust you, Masky." Ben said before stopping for a few seconds, wanting to imbed his words into Masky's brain and pray that he might change his plan. "A long time ago before you became a traitor." With that, Ben glitch out from his spot, taking Sally with him as they both disappear from Jane's phone.

Lazari noticed the blood streaming down from Ben's eyes mixed with tears. She didn't know if anyone else noticed that, or was it only her. When she was about to ask, Masky spoke out after a moment of silence engulfed the room.

"Let's go. The meeting will start once I manage to gather everyone. Laughing Jack will be transporting us there." Jane and Lazari nod their head before Laughing Jack appears to bring them towards the hideout of the League of Villains.

- Present -

Lazari's head perked up upon mentioning the killer clown's name. "Laughing Jack?" It has been a few weeks since they last saw each other, and the last one was the night they helped Hoodie find the infamous smiling killer. She wonders what he is doing here-- no, what he's doing following Masky when he specifically told them that he would be heading his way to find her father.

Laughing Jack gave out a forced smile at them before taking a short glare at the masked man who had his back facing him. His small glowing white pupils in his pure black eyes flicker like a light bulb losing its main energy source, but it is only for a moment before his grey eyes return the moment Masky turns his head to face him.

"The Puppeteer is already waiting for us," Masky said, walking next to the tall monochrome clown. Masky signals the other two to come forward and hold hands with them for Laughing Jack to transport all of them to the gloomy yet magical world he created for his own.