Nine~

Levi's POV

"Aww you have to leave already?" Hanji pouted as I gave her a hug.

I sigh rubbing her shoulders "as much as I want to stay my uncle needs me to do something today"

She sighs "alright" she gives me a gently kiss and I grin rubbing her cheek.

"I'll see you tomorrow..." I said making sure I didn't show any emotion of sadness.

She smiles "ok!"

I kiss her again...this may be one of the last times she's going to be genuinely happy.

We hug for a few more seconds then I get in my car and leave.

••••••••••••

When I arrived back home I saw Kenny outside smoking a cigarette.

I walk up to him and he tchs "you're home late"

I frown "I told you I hate being here, especially today"

Kenny roles his eyes then he shoves a box into my chest "happy birthday little shit"

I frown as I watched him go into his car and leave, who knows what he was going to do but it wasn't something I was curious about.

I walked into the house and the mafia group all came out of hiding yelling happy birthday to me....to think these are all murderous men....

Dan came up to me "yo Levi we made you a cake"

I sigh "you didn't need to"

I hear tony laugh "of course we do, today is not only your birthday but the day you join the mafia in honor of you joining tonight we shall celebrate!"

I frown "I'm not going to celebrate"

"Eh why not?" Tony asked.

"I rather not talk about it" I said retreating to my room.

"W-wait Levi! What about the cake? We spent all morning making it" Dan yelled.

I tched "I'll be out in a second"

I closed my door and sat on my bed holding the gift Kenny gave me.

I opened the box and it was a silver ring with my birth date engraved in it with a heart saying from mother....

I read the little note inside the box, it was from Kenny.

Happy birthday little shit,

You're mother wanted to give you this ring when your 18th birthday came but unfortunately she didn't live to see you turn 18 so I kept it safe for her and now I'm giving it to you.

From Kenny, and kutchel

I looked at the ring and placed it on my ring finger...mom...thank you.

Now I have two things I need to keep safe, the watch Hanji gave me and the ring my mom gave me.

I sighed I really hate Christmas....

I heard jingle bells start to play in the living room meaning one thing...jeez those men are like children inside.

I chuckled to myself and got up and decided to join them on the celebration, and besides I need to eat some of dans cake or he'll get upset.

••••••••••••

Night time slowly came and Kenny returned from his outing with another box.

"Ah Kenny welcome back! Just in time for the celebration!" tony yelled drinking some beer.

I saw Kenny spot me, I was watching some movies since I wasn't really the one to drink in the first place.

"Oi everyone it's time to officially welcome Levi into the mafia"

Everyone yelled in celebration as Kenny sat next to me.

"Here, this is what you get when joining"

I opened the box and inside was a black suit and pants with some shoes in guessing that's what I'll be wearing on special days, under the clothes was a gun and a small box.

I picked up the gun, it was brand new.

"A silenced SIG Sauer P320...." I whispered.

Kenny chuckles "figured you would be the silence type"

I sigh as placed the gun with my clothes and opened the little box.

"Another ring?" It was a black wring with details on it.

"Everyone has one" they all showed their fingers showing the rings.

"Thanks I guess" I sighed.

Kenny chuckles "when we move to LA we'll get your tattoo"

I nod "alright"

Kenny sighs "watcha think?"

I shrug "honestly all this still doesn't change the fact I don't want to be in the mafia in the first place, but I know I have no choice so I'll accept it"

Kenny shrugs then I sighed "I have a request to spend the whole day tomorrow with my girlfriend"

"Eh? You still haven't broken it off with her?"

I frown "I plan to do that tomorrow"

Kenny sighs "alright"

Kenny gets up "makes sure you put all that in a safe place, now let's celebrate boys!" He cackles before they retreat to get new bottles of alcohol.

I sigh and looked at my ring "tomorrow is my last day with you....Hanji"