Report Cards Part 2

JOSH'S POV

When I got off the phone with Jessica's teacher, I was both upset and concerned about her. Her teacher had explained that Jess was in fact rude, didn't do any of her homework, and was constantly on her phone; but all that stopped when our parents passed away. "Jessica turned into a perfect angel," her teacher had told me, which really concerned me...my baby sister was loosing herself in all the pain and emptiness, and I wasn't going to let that happen. 

I walked back into the kitchen to find Ryan looking as if he saw a ghost, and David sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. Jess and Nick were nowhere to be found. "Where'd she go?" I asked. Ryan answered, "Her room, we're really horrible brothers, I can't believe we didn't see it." I nodded my head, "She's hurting, I know, it took her teacher to point that out to me. I just don't know what to do. Our lives can't stop because they're gone. Mom and dad wouldn't have wanted that." "What are we going to do?" Ryan asked. I thought for a second, "I know that we can't let her get away with her grades. But we need to make sure she knows that we're there for her no matter what. We're all, going to be able to make it through this." David finally gave some input on the situation, "You're still going to punish her?! You can't! She's really upset, that's why her grades are so bad, seriously Josh, what the hell is going through your head!" I glared at him, and he instantly put his head down and whispered, "Sorry, I'm just worried about her." I kept my glare on him, and when I finally looked away I said, "You better watch it. Her grades weren't an effect of mom and dad's death, she actually worked much harder after the accident to distract herself, she let them get so low before hand that nothing helped. I'm not going to go that hard, but she needs to know that we're not going to allow her to get away with things because of this. I'm going to go talk to her." Ryan nodded, David shook his head, still disagreeing with my decision. 

NICK'S POV

After trying countless times to get Jess to open her door, and talk to me, I realized that she just needed some time, it killed me to see her like that. I walked downstairs, and heard the end of my brothers' conversation, "I'm going to go talk to her." I walked into the room right after Josh said that, and told them, "Give her some time, she'll come out when she's ready." Josh nodded, sighed, and sat down, turning on Sports Center as he did so. We sat, and waited...hoping our sister was going to be okay.

JESSICA'S POV

When I got to my room, I broke down, and just cried. Nick came by and knocked a couple of times, but I didn't want to talk about anything. I missed my parents, simple as that. Now that school was out, I had nothing to distract me, I hadn't seen my best friends or boyfriend in two weeks, and I couldn't hold my feelings in any longer. I just cried, until I fell asleep. 

When I woke up, it was 5:15 in the evening, and I was honestly feeling much better. I got up, and walked downstairs to find David and Ryan asleep on our tiny love seat. They're both big guys, so seeing them like that was hilarious. I let out a small giggle, catching the attention of my oldest brother. He looked up and gave me a small smile, "Hey baby girl, you doing better?" I nodded, and he motioned for me to go sit with him. I walked over, and curled onto his lap, resting my head in his chest. We stayed like that for about five minutes, before he picked me up and carried me to my room. He sat my on my bed, and pulled my desk chair so he was sitting facing me. 

He looked at me expectantly, as if he was waiting for me to start talking, I just looked down and played with my nails. Finally, he spoke, "Talk to me Jess," he said in a pleading tone, "I want to help you, but I need you to let me in."