somebody to you

Lena was frustrated. Both sexually and mentally.
She could not get Kara out if her head. She'd be lying if she said she didn't masturbate thinking about Kara yesterday in the gym shower. She wanted to get Kara off of her mind. Kara's straight. She thought. She could never want me. She thought. She was hopeless. And having to see Kara 3 days a week didn't help. But Lena
truly wished she could see her more than that each week.

Lena walked into the gym to see that Kara had made it there before her. "Early bird today, are we?" Lena meddled with Kara, approaching the blonde woman. Kara chuckled slightly and smiled at Lena's presence. "Or... you're just late." Kara replied. Lena scoffed sarcastically while checking her clock, which confirmed Kara's theory. "Okay then. I... am late." Lena laughed, then fear washed over her as she remembered again that this was Kara's last day at the gym for the week.

"Do you think you could- I don't know come here after work everyday? So I could have company, you know?" Lena asked nervously, fidgiting with her fingers. Kara stopped stretching and walked over to sit down with Lena. "Of course I can." Kara reassured Lena. Kara began again, "Or... maybe instead of staying at this gym everyday, we can go for lunch date's- I mean- not date's but like just the thing where you est lunch without it being a date. As- as friends. You know?" Kara breathed. Lena chuckled at Kara's rambling. "Yeah, I know. And I'd love too, maybe I can learn more about you than I do now." Lena said sighing with relieft.

"Oh you'd be surprised how many things there are to learn about me." Kara said recollecting the fact that she's an alien. Lena smiled at Kara's remark. "Okay then, I guess we can get to today's workout now?" Lena suggested, and Kara nodded.
___________________
The next day

Kara was searching high and low for a better than 'decent' outfit today- because she knew that at lunch time she'd be with Lena. She was still confused about her knew feelings for Lena, but it wasn't a surprise to herself that she wanted to look good for her. She went with a dark green blouse, with black suit pants. She put on more makeup than usual, and decided she looked decent. She then headed out the door for work.

______________

Lena dreaded her day at work, and was anxious about her lunch 'date' with Kara. She felt the need to impress Kara. She was wearing her hair down, with a navy blue blouse, and a knee length skirt. She looked at her clock and it was 20 minutes until lunch with Kara, so she got ready to leave.

Lena's palms got sweaty as she met Kara at Big Belly Burger for their lunch. "Hey, Lena!" Kara said as she greeted the dark- raven haired woman. "Hey, Kara." Lena said sitting down across from the woman. "So. Tell me about your day." Lena began the conversation. "Oh no. I'm sure you wont care. I don't want to bore you." Kara responded, biting her nails. "Of course I want to know Kara. I never mind listening to you." Lena replied with a smile. Kara smiled back thinking, This woman is the sweetest.

"Okay! So... first, I went for a run (which is the only form of working out I know how to do, then, I had breakfast with my sister, I redecorated my office- or I am currently redecorating, im not done, and I wrote an article, which i'll publish tomorrow. And well- now i'm having lunch with you." Kara said. Kara noticed that the entire time she was talking, Lena was listening. It was like finally, Kara had someone who gave all their attention to her, it felt amazing.

"What are the new additions to your office? And what was the article about?" Lena asked genuinely wanting to know. "Well... I thought about adding a table and couch so we can have lunch together sometime in there. Also im repainting the walls from light blue to yellow." Lena smiled knowing that Kara pictured them having lunch in the future.

"That's great, Kara! I look forward to our lunch in the future." Lena said and Kara smiled deeply. "And for my article, it was a message, hoping to create a good image for the aliens out there. Recently their lives have been being threatened. I introduced some of the conditions they went through, and also showed that just because they aren't humans, doesn't mean they don't or can't have a good heart." Kara said passionately.

"That's amazing Kara. Aside from my families opinions, I definitely agree with you. I love the passion you have for reporting. You're probably the sweetest person i've ever met if i'm being honest." Lena said and Kara blushed slightly. Then then waiter came up asking for their drinks. Lena ordered a strawberry margarita, and Kara decided to order the same thing.

"So. Since you got to here about my day, tell me about yours." Kara said with a smile. "I've been signing papers and meeting with investors all day. Which is what I do everyday until September 20th when I go back to Metropolis. It's all pretty boring but, it's my job."

Kara felt a pang of disappointment as she heard that Lena was leaving at the end of the summer. She'd heard it once before but this time it hurt a little worse. And little did she know, it would hurt more and more everytime she heard it this summer.