I Could Never Forget That

Lucas knocked on Hanna's door an hour before his next drug trial appointment. He was hoping he would have time to tell her before they went looking for him.

"Hey you." Hanna smiled. "What's up, geek?" She smirked at him.

Lucas pushed her inside her room and closed the door behind him. "I don't have much time. The nurses are going to come for me soon."

Hanna frowned. "I thought Jason was gonna talk to your mom and get you out of that freaky trial?"

Lucas gulped. "Don't be mad." Hanna gave him a look. "Jason asked me to find out the name of the drug Wren is using so I have to get another dose before he calls my mom and talks her out of it."

"What?!" Hanna smacked him on the arm. "You're letting Jason use you! This isn't some stupid secret undercover mission from your nerd magazines!" She snapped.

Lucas sighed. "Graphic novels."

"Whatever!" Hanna huffed. "This is dangerous! What if all it takes is one more dose to put you in a coma like Mona?!" Hanna cried. "How could you agree this?! How could Jason let you do this?!"

"Hanna, calm down."

"Calm down?! Calm down?! Are you serious?!" Hanna yelled hitting his arm again. "I know you know nothing about girls but saying calm down to a girl is the quickest way to upset her!"

Lucas sighed. "Okay, I'm sorry." Lucas pulled Hanna into a hug to comfort her. "Please don't be mad at me or Jason. It's not something I want to to and I'm scared too, but I have to do this Hanna. If I can help Jason find out what's going on then he can help us." He pulled back just enough to brush Hanna's hair behind her ear. "Before you end up on this awful list." He gave her a little smile. "I want to protect you, Hanna. You are the only good I have in my life and I want you to stay that way."

Hanna frowned. "But I want you to stay the same too. If this drug changes you again-" Hanna bit her lip. "What if I can't snap you out of it? What if you freak out like Mona did and they have to sedate you? What if you don't wake up? I don't want to lose you, geek." Hanna smiled at him.

Lucas gently pressed his lips to her forehead. "You won't lose me, Hanna. I won't let myself forget you. I promise. I'll come back to you, the same Lucas you know and love." He gave her a cheeky grin. "Because you said you love me and I could never forget that."

Hanna blushed a little. "I do love you. You're my best friend and a decent kisser." She chuckled.

Lucas scoffed with a little chuckle. "I'm glad someone thinks so."

"Come back to me." Hanna said seriously placing her hands on either side of his face. She pressed her lips firmly against his.

Lucas pulled away with a huge grin on his face. "After a kiss like that I'll be sure too." He panted.

Hanna looked down to hide her blush. "Get out of here, dork."

"I thought I was a geek."

"You are, but you're also a dork."

"And you are beautiful."

Hanna turned away from him so he wouldn't see how red she was turning. "Okay, go on your secret mission or whatever already."

Lucas chuckled. "Okay, but Hanna." He waited until she turned back around. "You are beautiful and smart and bright and funny." He grinned. "I'm not going to forget that. I swear."

"I'm not that smart or sharp or brave or anything good."

"Yes. You are."

"Well, you're kind." Hanna smiled. "You're funny and sweet and cute. Don't forget any of that either."

Lucas smirked. "You might have to remind me of that. I'm gonna focus on you. I'm not gonna forget you or how I feel about you."

"I believe you." Hanna said before Lucas walked out closing the door behind him, then Hanna gripped her bed with a shaking hand and pulled herself over to sit down. "I want to believe you, Lucas. Please don't forget me." Hanna felt tears falling down her cheek. "You actually have me crying over you, geek." She wiped at her eyes.