4

The boys had called the nun back and were currently in a church, finding a team.

"Okay, so what if we get more paranormal investigators?" Josh asks.

"Like Haunted nights?" Seth asks to further the conversation.

"And cops." Nate speaks ever so quietly but due to the echo everyone hears him.

"The police aren't going to help you." The sister comes back in with some drinks, passing them around to the boys.

"I think we need to do this Ghostbusters style." Colby says and although it could have been treated like he was trying to lighten the mood, he was in fact dead serious.

"Where do we even get that type of equipment?" Seth asks as Sam is awfully quiet. So the sister sits next to him.

"Penny for your thoughts?" She asks.

"Are we prepared enough for this?" He asks.

"The world wouldn't give you something you're not prepared for."

"I know that, but." He looks at his friends.

"There's a chance this won't work." He finally makes eye contact with her.

"She's my sister, but even I know she's been there too long."

"Have you been in contact with her?"

"For about 12 years we talked everyday, by letters but she cut all ties about three weeks ago. Her last letter was different."

"If it's not too personal could we see those letters?" The nun pulls out a small, wooden case with a giant white cross on the lid, she hands it over to Sam.

"There's a library on the second floor, but the keys to the basement are on the wall next to the door that you came in. You'll need them." And with that the nun leaves to go pray for the boys.

"Okay, so I think we should get as much background knowledge as we can first." Sam finally announces to the group as he places the wooden box in the center of the table.

"These are letters from the girl in the barn, to the nun. She also said that there's keys to the basement of this church by the front doors." He continued as Colby opened up the box, the first letter caught his eye as it was on nicer paper than the others.

Hey sis, long time no see. Heh.
God im so sorry if this is cringey.
Shit did I offend the 'higher power'
Do you guys curse?
This is a really bad start.

Okay.

I go by Maggie, I don't really know my last name.
Or my birth name for that matter
But that's what the man in the hat calls me

I live a secluded life and I sound so old.
Oh lord.

Shit sorry.

Uh, hi again I am very scatterbrained right now
Cuz I thought my family wanted nothing to do with me
But I have a sister that's been looking for me
And my name's been in the paper for 12 years apparently?!

Wow.

So yeah.

Sincerely, your biological sister.

After he was done reading aloud, the whole church was silent.

"That sounds like a kidnapping." Seth states as the others nod.