Chapter-7, The Curse of touch

"Every year there is a ghost summer festival held at the mountain top....."🌼
________________________________________

Flashback continues:-

Xian took a deep breath as a gust of wind blew over his face and then proceeded to speak, "I did have a memory loss, that's why I don't remember anything about my life when I was still alive".

Jun listened to his words attentively and curiously asked, wanting to now more "You mean after you died... you didn't remember anything at all?"

Xian nodded his head slowly "Yes you're right but technically if I say then, I didn't actually died. Though I was at death's door at that time, but luckily the moutain God saved me"

"Mountain God?"

"Yes..... The Mountain God resides in this mountain but he is in deep sleep for centuries now" Xian peeked at Jun who seems totally engrossed in the story so he continued....

"After the Mountain God saved me, I apparently didn't remember anything so I inquired him about my identity"

"Then what did he say?"

"He said that the only thing he knows is that my name is Xian and I was supposed to be dead by then, but someone sacrificed their own life to the mountain God and prayed to save my life in return. The sincerity of that person awoke the God from his deep sleep and he agreed on saving me, but by then half of my soul had already dispersed and he was only able to restore the leftover half of my soul.... which is why I am like this, half human and half ghost who never grows old, could never feel anything and looks exactly like human but isn't actually.

Though the mountain god saved me but there is always a backlash, which resulted in a curse upon me.... that I could never touch any human and if I do then I will disappear and this half of my soul will be destroyed never to be reincarnate again" he let out a sad smile and looked at the far blue horizon.

"I-Is there no way to free you from the curse?" Jun's voice cracked as he asked, he couldn't comprehend what would happen to Xian if he ever touches any human..... though he doesn't believe in next life or stuffs like that but Xian's words really did affect him greatly, the thought of never being able to see his beloved spirit again made him feel miserable.

"There is..." Jun heard a low voice.

"What is it?"

"The person who saved me is the only one who could free me from this curse" Xian turned towards Jun and gave him a gentle smile.

"You mean the person who sacrificed their life to save you?" Jun asked curiously, which was followed by a nod from Xian.

"Then where is that person? How can we find them?"

"I don't know"

"Then... how is that person going to undo the curse?"

"I don't know..... the Mountain God only said me that the person itself would know the cure and no one else....... but to be honest i really don't care now if i live or die ".

Jun became silent once again, his eyes became teary.

"I'm sorry..... please don't cry..... It's all my fault I should'nt have bothered you with all these silly things and make you sad" Jun looked at Xian who was pouting sadly while looking at him restless eyes and he could'nt help but coo at the cute gesture of the spirit.