Why Now

Chris

Me and Jasmine rushed to the hospital. After hearing ha dad just had a seizure broke both of our hearts. When we finally arrived there we ran inside seeing Jasmine whole family here even Michael and Camryn. "I'm so glad yall came" she said hugging both Camryn and Michael. Hers and Michael hug was kinda long like they were enjoying it way to much. They finally let go and looked at each other for a while. Me and Camryn looked at each other than back at them.

"Umm hey mommy how's daddy" she asked "He's not doing well" I could see Jasmine wanted to cry. I went ova to her and held her. "Hey mama S" I said to Jasmine mom "Hey Chris" she replied back. I felt tears on my shirt I could tell Jasmine was crying. I lead her to a seat and comfort her. "It's alright baby" I said rubbing her back. She whipped her tears calming down. "Now what was all that about" I said looking at her. "What was what about?" She asked "Don't act stupid that hug you and Michael just had and also the way yall was looking at each other had me and Camryn looking weird as fuck" I said

"Ummm well I don't know" I nodded my head weirdly. "Are yall the family of Mr.Smith?" The doctor asked. "Yes" we all said. "We it looks like Mr.Smith didn't make it we tried everything we could but he would come back I'm sorry for your lost yall may come and see him but yall have 5 minutes" he said before walking away. Jasmine and her mom started busting out crying. I couldn't lie but I was crying myself.

"You can't be serious" I said as tears kept coming. "Come here baby it's alright even tho yall had yall ups and downs you still loved him as a dad" Jasmine said holding me tight as we both cried on each other. All you heard was awwwww and goals in the back ground. "Come here yall two" Mama S said. We all cried together. We went to Jasmine dads room and saw his cold pale dead body laying there.

"Mr.Smith I just wanna say even tho we been through the bad time I still had loved you as a dad. I never had a dad in my life and you changed that. I'll miss you very much Mr.smith. RIP may yo spirit be with us" I said as tears fell down. "Daddy I'm really gon miss you and I'll make sure I'll take care of ma for you. You left us too soon but we all know that you will still be with us and in our hearts love you daddy" Jasmine said kissing his forehaead.

"OK its time to take him guys sorry" the doctor said. We all watched as they put his pale body in a body bag. "Come on let's go home so we can get our mind off of this" I said. Me and Jasmine went home.

I feel bad for Jasmine ha dad just died and everything. "Chris" she said in a low voice "Yea bae" I said facing her. "Can you please hold me cause I need you close to me right now" I went to her and held her tight not letting her go.

-NEXT DAY-

I went downstairs to make some breakfast for Jasmine when she wakes up. I had made some eggs, bacon, grits, and sausage. I made me and Jasmine a plate and set it on the table and poured some orange juice in each of our glasses. I sat down and ate. While I was eating I heard a loud noise coming from upstairs.

I ran to see what was going on. I walked in the room seeing glass all over the floor and Jasmine sitting there crying. I was about to comfort her but she stooped me. "Don't.... Just leave me alone" she said rocking back and forth. "Alright but I made you breakfast come downstairs when you ready" I said before closing the door. I hate seeing Jasmine like this. Its like not seeing the real her. The caring, loving, and nice Jasmine.

After eating I covered up Jasmine food and washed the dishes and went to go watch TV. Jasmine started to come down. "Babe you alright" I asked "Yea a little just still going through the pain" "Oh well yo breakfast on the table" she nodded her head and went in the kitchen coming back stuffing food on her mouth.

I chuckled to myself. "Why you laughing" "Cause you just ova thea stuffing yo mouth looking like a lil chipmunk" I said pinching her cheek but she just gave me a devilish look. I let go and going back to watching TV. I just love her soooo much that I can't let her go. She will always be my forever.