Ending 2: Calamity Janes

Hope choked as the monstrous Jabberwock's vile breath hit his nose. Its eyes glowed a malevolent hue, almost as if it was smiling evilly at him. The beast's boa-like tongue wrapped around his neck, lifting him off his feet and into the air. Hope hacked and gasped, his constricted throat unable to draw breath. The Jabberwock slowly hovered its teeth over Hope's head, savouring the moment as it prepared to bite the seer's head off.

The Red Sun shone, forming a glint on the nearby horizon.

The deafening crack of sniper fire drew the beast's eyes, the memory of Hope's assassination attempt filled its brain with panic as a hole appeared in its tongue. The beast let out a pained growl as it backed away. Hope dropped to the floor, gasping for air as the tongue that strangled him let go. Both man and beast looked to the shooter, her red cape flowing in the wind. Hope chuckled dryly.

"Cavalry's here..." he exhaled, his limp body almost unresponsive.

Ruby's eyes were wide open, her glare as sharp as her unfolded scythe. Ruby racked the bolt of her sniper angrily as her glare brightened with silvered light.

"Get. Away. From. Him," she demanded, her tone low and full of menace.

Deja-vue.

The Jabberwock growled lowly, the hated light inhabiting her eyes making the ancient evil think its next move very carefully. It looked over the Silver-Eyed Warrior's shoulder, as the rest of her Team arrived, winded but focused. As soon as their eyes landed on Hope's immobile body, they unsheathed their weapons with deathly intent.

The dark beast stood tall, towering over everyone as it stared off with the quatro. Hope squirmed, his stump still leaking precious ichor, as he laid underneath the monster's gait. The beast quickly stepped over Hope, holding him between its clawed feet. Ruby took aim but the monster squeezed the squishy meat bag between its toes, silently threatening her to not try anything lest her friend finds himself pasted. Hope breathed heavily, his pallor growing and his consciousness slipping.

A nudge at the back of his mind kept him awake as if a motherly hand beckoned him to stay awake.

Hope groaned as he punched himself with his lone hand, desperately trying to not slip into Gehenna just yet. Hope slammed his hand against the claws that held him down, a futile effort rewarded by further pressure being applied. He felt his ribs crack with a quiet creak and a snap. He let out a pained roar as the beast almost smiled at his pain.

RWBY's glare collectively darkened, snapping the tread of reason that held them back from attacking the overpowered monster before them.

Yang was the first to rush, throwing her arms behind her and propelling her forward with the force of her gauntlets. Using her momentum, she shifted as much of her weight as possible into a rocket-powered punch, intent on punching through the bastard who hurt her family. Just before the hit struck, the Dragonoid brought up its wing, holding it towards Yang as if about to bat her away but a strange glyph of light locked its position with its wing held around it. The blond brawler's fist landed on the joint of the wing, its articulation creaking uncomfortably and cartilage bent painfully. The monster was forced to jump back but stumbled backward as a ribbon wrapped around its hind legs, pulled by the strength of a furious maiden in love. Burning lead rained unto the leather wings of the monster as Ruby rapid-fired her sniper, dumping mag after mag of high explosive munition into the beast. Soon enough, all she had left were her specialized traversal round. The Jabberwock, flesh covered in dark gashes and its bones cracked tried its best to make the insolent wormlings suffer, but a strange providence seemed to safeguard them. He could feel their outrage, their anger and hatred towards it. The yellow one in particular, her rage was almost shielding her from its hits through sheer fury-born strength. Her hits hurt the most, as if a warhammer dropped on its ancient bones with every hit. The black one kept breaking its concentration by summoning harassing shadows and that damned white one kept stopping it from taking flight by bringing it down with glyphs. The red one, however,  truly frightened it. the silver light that came from her eyes hurt to merely behold. it must flee, for even if it were to vanquish the others, the Silver-Eyed Warrior would be the end of its ancient reign.