Margot Brookes

Monophobia

Monophobia

Margot remembers how her biological mother used to victimise herself every time she'd try to confront her about literally abandoning her, only to look for 'love'. Her mother used to say things like, how dare you blame me for something you caused for yourself! or I didn't have a choice, I can't live alone forever. Margot tried to reason with her many times but her mother just wouldn't listen to anything she said. As Margot grew older, she grew lonelier too. Her mother was barely around and didn't really care for her when she was around, and on top of that Margot barely had any friends to interact with, except for her neighbour's 12 years old son who found Margot quite intriguing and beautiful as he'd always say. So Margot decided to move out on her 19th birthday, and honestly that was the best decision she had ever made, until she lost her job and needed money to live her life, as far from her mother as possible. So, the only choice she had was to go to her father, who was so kind to buy her an apartment where she could stay for as long as she needed it. The sudden kindness her father showed her, made Margot quite suspicious of him but she believed that this was his way of apologizing for not being there for her as a father, since he did leave Margot and her mother for another woman. After living in the apartment for a year and a half, Margot believed it was time for her to move on and start her life on her own. But her father seemed to have other plans. Her father took it into his own hands to control Margot's love life without her knowing of it. And that's how she met Gray. Margot remembered finding a note her mother once wrote and hid in her room and since curiosity kills the cat. The note said this, I didn't get engaged out of pity nor out of love but because I was too afraid of being alone my entire life. Call me selfish all you want, but he was the one who broke my heart in the end. Little did Margot know that  her future engagement to Gray was exactly that.

Cold-hearted

Gray Colson. Her ex-fiancé. There once was a time when Margot impulsively fell in love with this man. All the times her heartbeat skipped a beat was because of him. He made her feel like the happiest woman on the planet. He bought her flowers. He took her on multiple lavish vacations and even bought her the house of her dreams. What a fairytale she lived. Margot firmly believed that this was the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. That was until their 2-year anniversary came up. She got to her parents house only to eavesdrop a conversation her parents were having with someone who's voice sounded familiar. She heard all sorts of things. "Make her feel loved" and "take her on trips to distract her" even "buy her a car or even better a house". Margot couldn't believe what she heard that evening. Her own fiancé showing his true colours, not to mention that her parents were using her engagement as a business transaction. Right at that moment, her fairy tale came crashing down like snowballs during an avalanche. She stormed into the room and confronted them all about the matter, but they all tried to deny her accusations. Until her fiancé spoke the few words that cut deep into her skin. "Leave the house by tomorrow" he spoke as he stared dead  into her eyes with no remorse whatsoever.

Anagapesis

It was hard for Margot to fall out of love, especially with a man like Gray Colson. She was still in great confusion and denial of the fact that her 'loving' fiancé was capable of something he clearly did. After all the times they spent and moments they shared together. She still couldn't wrap her head around it. She grabbed all the pictures they had ever taken and threw them in to the fire place, along with many gifts and flowers he used to drop on the kitchen table each morning. Margot needed to get away but had no plan in mind on what to do next. No one to call, and no one to turn to. Everyone in her life were either full of themselves and out of love, or very obvious and desperate to date her ex-fiancé. But then she remembered the very place that her heart was now yearning for the most, her hometown, Beaufort (SC). She left the comfort of her hometown to get engaged to Gray, and sacrificed all the time and effort she had put in wanting to start her own business on someone who used her for his own plans and intentions. never leave the comfort of your home for anyone, she thought. And from then onwards she lived her life the way SHE wanted it, back in her hometown. Now Margot got her own café and is successful in all her plans. She has great friends and a joyous life ahead of her. But with her uneasy past experience of love, will Margot open up her heart to Jesus? With Zemira around there's no way she wouldn't.

———————————————————————————WRITER'S NOTE 📝: ⤵️

Monophobia - Basically the fear of being alone. (Abandonment, relationship-wise, etc)

Cold-hearted - lacking affection or warmth; unfeeling.

Anagapesis - Falling out of love; the feeling of not loving someone or something once loved.