(3.) The Pack & Whack-A-Wuggy

Disclaimer: I don't own Poppy Playtime (Video Game). I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song if I put one in.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(Somewhere down the line it started autocorrecting the word 'whack' to 'Wack' so sorry if there's misspellings of the word, I AM trying to work on it.)

(Hope you enjoy.)

The ex-employee was dropped onto the ground, though not of their own volition. The doll carrying them over their shoulder stilled as a stature when they just...froze. A blank expression, arms at their sides, like a soldier waiting for orders from their superiors.

"Not this again."

Cuddly collapsed face first onto the ground, shifting onto their side with a painful groan. Looking up at the ex-employee, their eyes were glazed and far away from reality. Resisting whatever protocol demanded to be obeyed. Their eyes were beginning to drop shut, giving into the command they couldn't stop no matter how hard they tried.

"He was so obsessed. Very young children needed to be guarded from him. Escaping his cell doomed us all, even his inferior experimental siblings. So they sneaked in a command where we'd have to be in a induced sleep like them for what humans called nap time in the outside world."

Chuckling hidden behind a bitter undertone, Cuddly shifted onto their back. Emptily gazing at the ceiling, their hand found itself holding the ex-employee's own to help them stand. They pointed at a poster of Mommy Long Legs surrounded by the children.

"It affects Mommy too. Even he can't stop it. He won't make me part of him."

Cuddly leaned against the wall, sliding down to sit for a minute to think on their current situation. They weren't going to make it long with their circumstances currently allowing Mommy more luck then even Huggy Wuggy received when fighting the ex-employee. Hell, the ex-employee was only human. Their stance exhausted by how they barely managed to even look at them. Soon, they'd tire and there'd be nothing they could do if the ex-employee succumbed to their tiredness. Rest was necessary for the fleshies, they knew that to a certain extent. How long did they rest for? Hours? Days? Minutes? Toys only required two or three hours maximum to recover from whatever injuries or any minorities they had suffered when entering a state of hibernation.

"Wish I had the access code. Coulda made it out the train by now. But I'm slowly sinking into the nap time routine. And unfortunately for you, I know humans tend to sleep. The children were so troublesome."

Ranting to stay awake, the mini Huggy managed to stand on their own before placing their hand on the wall for support. Letting it guide them whatever direction they chose. Their vision blurring each second they resisted the command. Slowly spinning all around them, eyes closing of their own will. The only thing keeping them awake was the instinct to keep the human safe.

And their instincts hated the flesh people.

Keep the guest safe.
Ensure no injuries.

They began walking in a direction almost picked at random. In reality, they grabbed the ex-employee's hand, keeping them close as to claim them if they happened to stray alone, fleshies never lasted long when the toys were hungry.

"...Apparently my systems are overloading. Quite odd indeed. They don't tend to act that way around humans. Especially ones like yourself."