Popsicles in the dark (Mark Heathcliff)(fem)

((Sorry for the small break between chapters. Hopefully this extra long chapter will make up for that! Enjoy this Mark X Fem reader! And don't worry I'll have masc/enby readers soon! Thanks for your time!)

It was a pretty rainy day in the apartment that you and Mark shared. There was a storm passing and it didn't seem like it would end any time soon. You were staring out the window watching the rain fall as Mark was relaxing on the couch besides you

Suddenly there was a loud clap of thunder and suddenly the lights were out. Seemed like the lighting hit an electric line. You heard Mark scream and flinch before you turned in his direction.

"Mark? Baby are you okay?" You called out, hearing more shuffling besides you. You pulled your phone and turned on the flashlight and pointed it in his direction.

You widened your eyes as you looked at how scared your poor boyfriend looked. He was clutching onto the blanket and was curled up tight

You widened your eyes as the realization hit you. Mark was absolutely terrified of the dark. You understand why though. He told you about the experience he had as a young child of seeing an intruder in the dark so it made sense.

"Mark, baby, it's just me. Don't worry.." You said as you calmly put a hand on his shoulder. You felt him flinch under your touch.

You heard Mark whispering to himself but you couldn't make out what he was saying. You just pet his hair in an attempt to comfort him in any way you could.

He nuzzled into your hand and you saw him looking up at you. "(Y/N)...can you get the candles..? They're in the room...the room by the stairs.." He mumbled

You didn't particularly like that room but you knew that Mark hated it even more. You nodded a bit and grabbed your phone, heading up the stairs and into the room.

You grabbed a handful of tea light candles and a box of matches before running down the stairs and back into the living room.

You held the light up as Mark lit the matches and the candles, leaving the living room in a dim glow.

The two of you sat in silence, not really knowing what to do. You wanted to comfort him but you didn't have any ideas

And suddenly you thought of something so stupid that might make him smile a little bit. You looked at him excitedly and stood up from the couch.

"Mark! Mark!! The popsicles in the freezer are gonna melt because there's no power to keep the freezer cold! We have to eat them before they melt!" You exclaimed, trying to pull Mark off the couch

You finally saw him crack a smile as he chuckled softly. "Alright alright...guess you're right, hm?" He said as he got up from the couch, grabbing your hand tightly. You can feel that his palms were a bit clammy but you didn't mind.

You carefully walked him over to the kitchen, being careful to not trip over anything in the dark. The light from your phone seemed to be enough to light a small path for the both of you

Both of you managed to make it to the kitchen without falling over. You walked to the freezer and opened it up, pulling out the box of popsicles. Thankfully there only seemed to be two left anyways.

You handed one of them over to Mark before opening up yours. You took the red one and gave the purple one to Mark. You smiled and looked over to him as you put the popsicle in your mouth.

He seemed to also be enjoying his frozen treat. He was leaning against the counter in silence, still seeming a bit nervous.

"Mark it's okay. You don't need to worry. I promise that nothing is going to happen. I'm here..alright?" You said, reaching forward and cupping his face in your hand.