04 | everything we can to survive

Jimin genuinely felt like an idiot, no doubt

Jimin genuinely felt like an idiot, no doubt. For the first time ever, Jimin had one chance— just one chance in making friends, but he just had to ruin it by trying to act cool. Jimin didn't want Taehyung to think he was desperate to make friends and he felt like it'd give that impression if he just gave his number like that and said the destiny, something he didn't believe in, as an excuse to show off that he is indeed cool. What a funny story— all he can really blame is himself, indeed. 

It came as no surprise that it had been three weeks since he had seen Taehyung and that it will shortly be a month. Destiny— Jimin, for one, didn't understand why people even believed in such things like destiny, because honestly, he found it absurd, totally absurd. If such things as destiny truly existed, it had to be so cruel for it had been so painful for Jimin ever since he was born. 

Things had never gone his way from the outset. He'd be hoping for something, but it'd be something completely different from what he hoped for, and in a very negative way. Jimin knew this, so why did he say it when Taehyung asked for his phone number? Jimin was tired of being a loner and wanted to make friends after a long time, and Taehyung seemed like a cool person. In any case, there was no use in lamenting now; he had one shot to make friends and he totally blew it. He can't do anything about it right now.

"Jimin! Hey! You are finally here!" The man beamed as Jimin strolled in, "Hey, hyung. How are you feeling?" Jimin grinned as he placed the small bag near the table and drew a chair close to the hospital bed and sat down, lifting his head to gaze at the man, who returned his query with a big smile. The man's golden hair strands were apparent above the big bandage wrapped around his head, "I'm feeling much better than I did before. So much better that I want to go home right now. Jimin, could you kindly speak with the doctors about the discharge? I'm perfectly fine." 

"Whoa, slow down there, hyung. I think I won't believe you, because the last time you said you were fine, you had to undergo a surgery for 5 hours. I'll believe you when the doctor says you are fine, and then I'll consider talking to them about your discharge. Does that sound good to you?" Jimin spoke calmly, leaning back on his chair and the male responded with a scoff, "Oh, come on, I've been in this dreadful hospital for two months. This is getting old for me. And, oh my god, my work— just wait till my idiot boss fires me when I return." 

"Well, hyung, you should've driven your car carefully then! You know driving in the rain is not a good idea, but yet you still did it and met with a really bad accident. The doctors weren't even sure you'd make it. Do you know how worried I was? Rather than fretting about your boss terminating you, be glad that you survived," Jimin scolded him and the man let out a sigh, "I know it was a bad idea! But, how can you expect me to stay home when that bastard was about to kill you—" The elder stopped speaking in the midway and looked up at Jimin with a gloomy expression and Jimin just let out a sigh. 

Park Hyunseok was the only person Jimin ever confided in, despite the fact that he discovered everything by chance. Despite him being his cousin, Jimin had always considered Hyunseok as his older brother as whenever they hung out, Hyunseok always made him feel comfortable and protected, but Jimin didn't want him to find out about his father, but Hyunseok was quite clever. He picked up on it fast from all the new bruises he observed on him every time they met, and he eventually confronted Jimin about it.