05 | yellow tulip for a new start?

The clouds drift about in the blue sky

The clouds drift about in the blue sky. The clouds had appeared to be airy anvils moving under the sun's shining disc. Taehyung felt strangely warm. His gaze rose to the sky as the sun's golden rays kissed his face gently, making the honey tone of his skin bloom. Taehyung sighed, his gaze flickering down to the umbrella he was clutching securely in his hand. The weather forecast called for a major storm today, but given how sunny it was, he felt there was little chance of rain today.

Taehyung strolled on the street with one hand in his pocket and his earphones crammed in his ears while passing cars and trucks blared their horns, making the surroundings deafening, and Taehyung wasn't a big lover of noisy places. He liked peace over noise, hence the irritating roar of vehicle horns was wearing on his nerves. What irritated him, even more, was that there was no traffic, to begin with, yet people continued to blare their horns every second. But again, what can Taehyung expect in the heart of the city?

Taehyung sighed as he looked at his sides as his pace slowed down. A small smile cracked on his lips when his eyes landed on the shop he was looking for— House of Hearts— That was the name of Jimin's flower's shop, atleast that's what Jimin texted him as soon as Taehyung requested to meet him, so this place must be it. After so much looking and losing his way and going in circles, Taehyung finally found the place. So, this almost made Taehyung do a sudden victory dance in the public until he realized he was a grown up man. 

Without thinking, Taehyung walked toward the flower shop and walked in through the glass door causing the bell to chime softly. Taehyung almost halted on his track when the fresh scent of floral welcomed him, engulfing him in its arms. The shop wasn't that much big, but it was oddly cozy and warm with flowers all around the place giving it a colorful and warm aura. Unconsciously, a delicate smile made its way to Taehyung's lips as he inhaled the fresh floral scent and let out a breathy sigh. At that very moment, Taehyung really felt like he entered heaven. 

There was no sign of Jimin. The counter was empty, but yet that it didn't stop Taehyung from walking in and examining the flowers. He walked around, watching the flowers with a fond look. Taehyung had always been a huge sucker of flowers himself, so to see all the flowers here really had him feel giddy. His friends always used to tease him because of this considering Taehyung had always been a hard man but somehow he'll always end up folding when someone gives him a flower. He just had a huge soft spot for flowers and somehow his friends always found that amusing.

Taehyung halted on his track when his eyes landed on yellow tulips on the far corner. A soft smile tucked on his lips as he slowly made his way to the yellow tulips. He slowly leaned down and took a yellow tulip in his hand as he stared at it with an empty look dancing in his eyes. Unconsciously, his lips pulled up into a straight line as he sucked in a deep breath. 

"Yellow tulips are known to put a smile on anyone's face, but judging by the frown on your lips, I believe you're the exception, huh?" 

Taehyung eyes widened and he almost jumped when he heard someone's voice speaking behind him. He immediately spun around with his eyes wide to find Jimin standing next to a door behind the counter. Taehyung blinked his eyes as he fixed his dumbfounded gaze on Jimin, who walked around the counter and made his way to Taehyung, "I'm sorry, did I scare you?' Jimin spoke with an apologetic smile dancing on his lips.