Chapter 5

The metallic sound was continuous like a rhythm with muffled groans. Seokjin took a deep breath as he punched a few more times on the punching bag which felt nothing other than punching on a rock, his trainer Mr Sun was standing straight, in front of him with a fixed stare on Seokjin, his muscled arms folded up to his chest as he observed every punch he threw. At this point, Seokjin felt like his knuckles were on fire. Bleeding and trembling from the stimulus contact with the harsh surface of the punching bag. It was more than an hour, he was punching in the same place continuously without a break and there was no indication to stop from Mr Sun either. It was hell and Seokjin felt like giving up, collapsing on the wooden floor and catching his breath.

It has been a month since he had agreed to the proposal of being his bodyguard of Jeon Ji Sung's one and only son and from then on this hell of training started as they mentioned it as preparation for Seokjin to be an actual protector. And they said he needed to be strong, to have a quicker instinct and the knowledge of making fast and wise decisions as needed. Seokjin knew this regulation himself and signed up for them but what he didn't sign up for was this inhuman pain and labour.

If it means wiping the floor after the gym, if it means punching on a rock bag for hours, if it means swallowing all the hits and attacks, he wouldn't have signed up for this. Thank you very much. And above all, it's just the basics. He had scoffed at that. After his basic training of building up his body to cope with the changes of lifestyle as the so called bodyguard, he would continue to train in his free hours when Jeon Jungkook will reside at home, under safe eyes.

Absolute hell.

But it wasn't like he had a choice. neither did he come here willingly. As soon as the whistle went off indicating he can stop his training, for now, Seokjin collapsed on the floor, his hand pained a lot to the point he couldn't feel them anymore, numb. He laid down there, catching the much needed breath, wiping the sweat running from his forehead to chest with his black gym top.

Seokjin signed as he stared blankly at his bleeding knuckles where the blood started to dry up in the places where the skin broke out. He wondered what his mother was doing right now in the hospital.

*Flashback*

"I am sorry, Mr Kim but as days are passing her situation is getting worse. I am afraid it's time, you have to admit her in here for proper medication and therapy." The doctor stated, taking his reading glasses off after going through Mrs Kim's report. Seokjin played with his thumb finger, thinking and letting the doctor's words sink into himself deeper.

He knows that too that his mother needs proper care, time-to-time guidance and healthy food with proper timing of medicines where none could be fulfilled by Seokjin because he stays busy with varieties of part times jobs trying to pay off the bills and there is suddenly no one in his whole clan to be by their side after the incident that turned their life upside down.

"Yes, Doctor. I understand."

The said doctor sighed. Closing all the prescriptions and report, now looking at Seokjin pointedly. "I hope you take my words into serious consideration Mr Kim otherwise it wouldn't be a surprise if she doesn't make it anymore."

And Seokjin clutched at the edge of his hoodie tightly looking down. Trying hard to not let his heart flow away with all the bottled-up emotions and words that the doctor let out so casually like it didn't just stab his soul. He felt suffocated with all the responsibilities, insecurities, fears and burdens but still he needed to be strong. The only one in power to save himself and his mom.